SITREP

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Manolete1973
Embryo

SITREP

Post by Manolete1973 »

Rangers,
A while back I took the asvab test, and did fine. I made it through the MEPS physical Thursday March 17, again with no problems at all. Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain an option 40 or option 4 contract. There were none in the system, but I’ll keep nagging my recruiter to check.

Thanks to info posted by Ranger goon175 I knew an option 40 contract was most likely out of reach. I needed a moral waiver for a DUI conviction from 1998, and no option 40 contracts are being given to those people with moral waivers. I found Cayo’s post regarding ranger contracts during OSUT very inspiring, and I will earn one too.

So I signed an 11x contract, and I will be shipping out on September 6. The bad news is my PT numbers are somewhat subpar at this point: 68 push ups, 64 sit ups, 9 pull ups, and 14:11 2 mile. The good news is I have enough time to ratchet up my workout regimen and get into the shape that I need to be in.

On a separate note, my wife and I have decided to work things out. She’s supportive of my decision to enlist. She was definitely shocked a little when what seemed to her at first an abstract idea on my part, suddenly materialized into reality. I think it’s better that we stay together for us, and most importantly my daughter.

Thanks again Rangers for all the information, especially Ranger goon175.

Best Regards,

Jim
Manolete1973
Embryo

Re: SITREP

Post by Manolete1973 »

Will Do Ranger Zonk 1/75

Return to “Recruitment Process”