SITREP - David

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
AnnapolisBenArnie
Egg

SITREP - David

Post by AnnapolisBenArnie »

Finally got to take the ASVAB today. I don't know my line scores, but I scored a 99 on the AFQT. My recruiter didn't see any 11x option 40 contracts in the system, called the ROC, and got a "I'd give it to you if I had it, but I just don't have any right now." My recruiter seems like a great guy, said he loves putting guys in with ranger contracts, that he'd call back everyday and keep me updated, and that he wouldn't try to talk me into going in without option 40. His only advice was to look into 18x more. He said if I want 11x option 40, he's behind me 100%, but that his dad was in SF and he feels I'm the ideal candidate for the 18x contract. I'm sure at least some of this is him blowing smoke up my ass, good guy or not.

Thats all for now. Off to do more research.
"I will stay with it and endure though suffering hardship, and once the heaving sea has shaken my raft to pieces, then will I swim." - Odysseus

Ship: 20110809
AnnapolisBenArnie
Egg

Re: SITREP - David

Post by AnnapolisBenArnie »

After getting a better understanding of what SF does, I've decided to go for my long tab. I've accepted an 18x contract and entered the Future Soldier Program. Thank you Rangers for all the information on this site.
"I will stay with it and endure though suffering hardship, and once the heaving sea has shaken my raft to pieces, then will I swim." - Odysseus

Ship: 20110809

Return to “Recruitment Process”