Recruiting Question

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Recruiting Question

Post by C-MAC »

Can someone please help me understand what the usmepcom form 680-3a-e form is and where it fits in the recruitment process?

It says "Request for Examination" and I understand it is for use at MEPS. But I am simply trying to understand if that is part of a formal commitment and what form/process represent the final contract/MOS designation.

I am trying to find out how far along a person that has reached out to me for help is in the process.

Thanks and apologies if I am not being clear.

You can always PM me if that is proper etiquette or need more personal detail.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
goon175
Ranger

Re: Recruiting Question

Post by goon175 »

It is the form you have to sign every time you go to MEPS, whether to test for the ASVAB, do the physical, go to a medical consult, or to sign a contract. Even after you have joined and signed a contract, if you have to go to MEPS for something, you have to sign a 680. Signing a 680 doesn't really denote where a person is in the enlistment process. It is the form recruiters from all branches of the service have to use for any MEPS action. And no, it does not signify a commitment of any kind, whatsoever.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Re: Recruiting Question

Post by C-MAC »

goon175 wrote:It is the form you have to sign every time you go to MEPS, whether to test for the ASVAB, do the physical, go to a medical consult, or to sign a contract. Even after you have joined and signed a contract, if you have to go to MEPS for something, you have to sign a 680. Signing a 680 doesn't really denote where a person is in the enlistment process. It is the form recruiters from all branches of the service have to use for any MEPS action. And no, it does not signify a commitment of any kind, whatsoever.
Thank you very much.

Let's just say someone I was helping jumped the gun and told me after the fact. Dumb jerk doesn't even remember what he signed, but that appears to be it so far.

The guy is talking to me about a 68w due to his background or possibly option 40 for about six months now then signs this form and goes off to his first MEPS trip without telling anyone.

Dumb kid. I told him he is lucky to not be scraping off plates in some chow hall.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver

Return to “Recruitment Process”