Cat Shit One: Episode 1

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Cat Shit One: Episode 1

Post by C-MAC »

If you haven't seen this yet, put aside about 20 minutes. No, you REALLY need to.

Courtesy of 'This ain't Hell.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=22273
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Cat Shit One: Episode 1

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Thanks, C-Mac . . .very enjoyable. . .
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:Thanks, C-Mac . . .very enjoyable. . .
Anytime. I mean what could be better than rabbits armed to the teeth? Well, so to speak. :roll:
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Watched and I think the whole thing sideswiped my head. Still trying to puzzle it out.
Think I understand the camels, but.........rabbits? WTF is that about?
And why, as someone commented, the Hind?
A little too intense for kids, maybe, but sort of gamer juvenile. Usual thing where every "good guy" shot is a kill and every "bad guy" shot is a miss. RPG didn't even scratch the guy? Just rang his bell?
Didn't count the shots, but I couldn't see where they carried all the mags for all the ammo they expended, usual dumb shit like that.
Twenty minutes I won't get back.
Much rather watch the real time vids from the guys in the AO.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Lefty wrote:Watched and I think the whole thing sideswiped my head. Still trying to puzzle it out.
Think I understand the camels, but.........rabbits? WTF is that about?
And why, as someone commented, the Hind?
A little too intense for kids, maybe, but sort of gamer juvenile. Usual thing where every "good guy" shot is a kill and every "bad guy" shot is a miss. RPG didn't even scratch the guy? Just rang his bell?
Didn't count the shots, but I couldn't see where they carried all the mags for all the ammo they expended, usual dumb shit like that.
Twenty minutes I won't get back.
Much rather watch the real time vids from the guys in the AO.
Sir, where does one start a reply. The only weak response I can offer is the animation is purely a recreational diversion? :roll:

Generally, I try to enjoy these videos without a critical eye as opposed to say a TV show like "The Unit" (where in the first episode I saw one character is holding an M4 with ACOG, then they cut away for a moment, come back, and he is holding an M16 with carry handle). I turned to the History Channel and never looked back.

Second, response; they are Japanese animators. I think that about covers most of the gaffes, including the Hind (BTW, when I first saw the Vid my initial thought was -"What are the Russians doing in this?).

Oh and going back to the Japanese Animators; USA GI put together as "USAGI" roughly translates from Japanese as "Rabbit". :?
Ranger KW Driver
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Well, very interesting. Two things I noticed was the Hind and the fact that the rescue chopper told them what color smoke to pop. That could make for a LOT of yellow smoke in the area.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”