Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Sparks24
Future Soldier

Introduction

Post by Sparks24 »

Rangers,

my name is Thomas. I'm 17 and live in north Florida. I recently DEPed into the Army with an 11x contract and am currently hounding my recruiter to get me at least an Opt. 4 before I ship. I've gained a lot of knowledge from lurking on your site after returning from MEPs. Wish I would've read it before I went however. Anyways, I've wanted to be an Airborne Ranger with the 75th since I was a kid and my older brother told me about them after coming back from a deployment as a JTAC. Just here to soak up all I can and receive all the information I can to help me become a member of your Regiment.

-Thomas
Discipline is a bitch, but once you master it, there's nothing quite like it.
-Anonymous
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Steadfast »

Sparks24 wrote:Rangers,

my name is Thomas. I'm 17 and live in north Florida. I recently DEPed into the Army with an 11x contract and am currently hounding my recruiter to get me at least an Opt. 4 before I ship. I've gained a lot of knowledge from lurking on your site after returning from MEPs. Wish I would've read it before I went however. Anyways, I've wanted to be an Airborne Ranger with the 75th since I was a kid and my older brother told me about them after coming back from a deployment as a JTAC. Just here to soak up all I can and receive all the information I can to help me become a member of your Regiment.

-Thomas
Congratulations Thomas for stepping up to the plate & enlisting Future Soldier.

If you haven't already- it would be to your advantage to read everything in Recruiters and Schools - Q&A Forums - & check out everything that Rangers; goon175 or Invitus wrote recently plus other's as well.

I've upgraded your title to Future Soldier. If you get OPT 4 OR OPT 40 PM me & I'll further upgrade your title.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Sparks24
Future Soldier

Re: Introduction

Post by Sparks24 »

Steadfast wrote:
Congratulations Thomas for stepping up to the plate & enlisting Future Soldier.

If you haven't already- it would be to your advantage to read everything in Recruiters and Schools - Q&A Forums - & check out everything that Rangers; goon175 or Invitus wrote recently plus other's as well.

I've upgraded your title to Future Soldier. If you get OPT 4 OR OPT 40 PM me & I'll further upgrade your title.
Thank you Ranger Steadfast.

I have read the majority of the threads as well as a well put together post by Cayo on getting an Opt. 40 in OSUT.

Will keep you updated on the contract situation Ranger Steadfast.
MountaineerRanger wrote:Thomas,

Welcome. Your post caught my eye because I have a son who recently enlisted and had to jump through a multitude of hoops to get the contract he wanted, Option 40. I am also new to this forum and won't pretend to know all of the information and advice contained herein, but I will tell you; don't give up. If you want that contract, go after it. As always, comport yourself with dignity and respect as you go forth and thank those who help you each and every time at every step of the way. Learn these traits now and you will go far. Good luck to you.

Mountaineer Ranger
HHC 1st BN (RANGER) 75th INF '81-'84
Ranger Class 6-82
Thanks for the advice Ranger MountaineerRanger. Good luck to your son as well.
Discipline is a bitch, but once you master it, there's nothing quite like it.
-Anonymous

Return to “Introduction Archive”