Introduction: Graham

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Non Combatant
Egg

Post by Non Combatant »

Hello, and thank you for having me on your site and your past and continuing service.

My name is Graham and I am a writer and film-maker. I am currently working on a script for a feature film. One angle I am contemplating is having the main character be an ex-Ranger. I want to make sure I get the character right. Not having served, I'm relying on research, which (hopefully) includes talking to some of you.

Because the script is at such an early stage, I don't want to float too many script details in an open forum. But, if any of you are interested, it would be a pleasure to correspond via email.

If it's appropriate, I can post my email. Please let me know.

Many thanks for your time.

Best,
Graham
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Watching Con Air isn't enough?

Good luck getting real help, I'd say most of us aren't impressed with your industry, or it's portrayal of us.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Non Combatant
Egg

Re: Introduction: Graham

Post by Non Combatant »

Hello and thanks for your quick reply.

Your comment is a fair one, though I can't be responsible for others' films. Part of the reason I'm here is ensure that If I portray a Ranger, it's accurate and sympathetic. If the idea doesn't fly, I'll change the character into something else. Certainly, I don't want to rustle any feathers.

Many Thanks,
G
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome here. Good luck with your project.

If you really want to know the real deal about the 75th Ranger Regiment, Sign up.

As was said before, Ya'll haven't really got it right yet, and we are tired of helping. Just because it doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it isn't real. Reality, when captured correctly, is more powerful that fiction.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Non Combatant wrote:One angle I am contemplating is having the main character be an ex-Ranger. I want to make sure I get the character right.
I don't think I have met too many ex-Rangers.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
MarineRanger
Ranger

Post by MarineRanger »

Graham,

Have you ever written about just plain Americans? ... I've found that Canadians have a warped view of even our average Americans.

If you could repeal 3 amendments in the U.S. Constitution, which would you choose and why?

Why did Canadian finally raise its age of sexual consent from 14 to 16, a couple of years ago?

Why do Canadians lock up their Native American Aboriginal women at 10 times the rate that they are actually represented, in the general population?

Who do you think the next president of the U.S. should be, and why?
USMC 77-81
STA 2/9 3rd
Fox 2/9 3rd
RS 8-80 (5-4)
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Is chuck norris available? haha
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

goon175 wrote:Is chuck norris available? haha
Now that...would be NINJA.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Greetings scribe. Weren't you here a couple yrs ago asking the same questions about a book?

More than vaguely familier. I believe that person was banned. Was it you?

I enjoy reading fiction, don't take it personally, just asking.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”