Embarrassed about having to ask this

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hawks2010
USAF Veteran

Embarrassed about having to ask this

Post by hawks2010 »

I finally got all of my medical stuff back and such. While I was in the Air Force I went to the Dr about some foot pain it wasn't a big deal or anything just wanted to check on it. Well I wasn't aware that it would be included in my seperation. I have to have a waiver because of Plantar Fasciitis. I really am hoping this won't crush the dream of being a Ranger. I deal with pain fine hell I broke both elbows playing basketball and they dont say a word but a goofy foot thing and I need a waiver. I have seen where you can't require a waiver to be a Ranger. Just hoping for good news. The recruiters aren't very helpful as they look at me like an idiot when I say what I want. Thanks Rangers.
Hminus2P
Ranger

Re: Embarrassed about having to ask this

Post by Hminus2P »

I recently went through this in getting my son enlisted and getting an option 40 contract. My first question to you is do you require a waiver or just documentation that states you are no longer having problems with the planter flascitis(sp) in order to get you medically qualified to re enlist there is a difference. You may also want to read some of the other posts in regards to prior service re enlistments as I understand it in these posts prior service individuals are not being offered many options if any at all.
RS 7-88
Dco 2/505 PIR 86-93, 95-99
Eco, Aco 1/507 00-02
hawks2010
USAF Veteran

Post by hawks2010 »

The recruiter said I have to have a waiver because of the re-enlistment code. I know its hard to get things done for prior service but im in no hurry and will stand my ground for this goal to be a Ranger.

I have no foot pains at all I actually had the pain for around a week. I didn't think nothing of it once the pain went away definitely didn't think it would come back on me now.

What should I do in the situation? Are there exceptions to the no waiver requirement? Thanks so much for your help.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

According to my recruiter friend, there are no wavers to speak of simply because they don't need you to fill the ranks. Between the low casualty count and the economy, the services are getting all the easy recruits they can handle. Even getting 'options' is difficult for someone with no issues.
As prior service, you would fill a slot but in the big numbers/budget game, the army will not get funded for training you but you will fill a slot. In the big picture, you are a liability to the army unless your AF MOS directly transfers and even then, you are 'break even' at best.

Do consider the assorted reserve components.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Recruitment Process”