Going to Ranger School while in the Guard?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
RB68
Egg

Going to Ranger School while in the Guard?

Post by RB68 »

I enlisted in the National Guard in September and I go to BCT in May. I was by my recruiter that there is a Ranger unit in the Indiana National Guard but I couldn't find any info on it. What would I have to do in order to go to Jump and Ranger School without being active duty?
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Going to Ranger School while in the Guard?

Post by RangerX »

RB68 wrote:I enlisted in the National Guard in September and I go to BCT in May. I was by my recruiter that there is a Ranger unit in the Indiana National Guard but I couldn't find any info on it. What would I have to do in order to go to Jump and Ranger School without being active duty?
Search on Indiana LRS.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

[quote="RB68"]I enlisted in the National Guard in September and I go to BCT in May. I was by my recruiter that there is a Ranger unit in the Indiana National Guard but I couldn't find any info on it. What would I have to do in order to go to Jump and Ranger School without being active duty?[/quote]

Unless your Guard unit sees that school as mission critical, it won't happen. It's an economic issue, your unit is never going to burn up part of the annual budget on sending soldiers to schools like Ranger or Airborne unless it is absolutely necessary......... And then, you get to wait in line behind every other hard charger gunning for an available slot.

I think you get the picture, it more than likely aint gonna happen chief.
EAT III
Ranger

Post by EAT III »

Well, yes you can! Google 151 LRS, Indiana Rangers, C co 2-152 LRSC, and our History Dco 151. First, where are you in Indiana,what RSP are you drilling at? What kind of shape are you in (PT Test wise), depending on your MOS and your RSP NCOIC you may be able to get a Tryout to go to Cco. Then you might be able (if all the stars align) to get BAC after OSIT. Ranger School is farther down the road (a few years, but you never know). Pm me and I will point you in the right direction (provided you state why you want do be in my Unit, what you think you can offer, and why I wont be wasting my time)

Texas LRS (Richard Cranium), Sir, my Sir is or was on here as well as a few others :wink:
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current

Return to “Recruitment Process”