Christmas Ideas for moms

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: Christmas Ideas for moms

Post by colt1rgr »

The best gift you could give him while he is home, since he's on RASP hold, is to ensure he's up and the door for normal PT every morning at the crack of dawn. Make sure he's not cheating his body, eating right and goes easy on the "Mom Goodies". Now is time of sacrifice, be plenty of time to spoil your Ranger ONCE he is a Ranger and home on block leave! :wink: Give the young man our best and "Thanks" (and that goes for you too! You obviously raised him right! 8) .
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

The Suuntos are out. We're not willing to spend that kind of money when he might not be able to hold onto it or keep from ruining it in RASP. Dear husband came home tonight and said our NEX has a huge selection of G Shocks. I think we might skip the atomic time keeping thing. We'll have to do a little more reading on that.

Thanks again for all the help.
colt1rgr wrote:The best gift you could give him while he is home, since he's on RASP hold, is to ensure he's up and the door for normal PT every morning at the crack of dawn. Make sure he's not cheating his body, eating right and goes easy on the "Mom Goodies". Now is time of sacrifice, be plenty of time to spoil your Ranger ONCE he is a Ranger and home on block leave! :wink: Give the young man our best and "Thanks" (and that goes for you too! You obviously raised him right! 8) .
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I found the forum. Y'all are making me feel better about his career choice. Not sure I can keep from feeding him well while he's home, but he will definitely be getting the PT done. I'll have him read some of the training advice on here. I already told him the idea some one had to do the stair climber with his ruck on.

He ran cross country in high school and is very wiry. Stamina is not a problem for him. He is small, though, and he was humbled a little to realize that it does make a difference in some things--forced marches in particular. He has trouble matching strides with the taller guys. They have been standing in formation all day every day for the past week and half at Hold--no formal PT--so he knows he needs to take advantage of the time.
Proud mother of a Ranger
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

MsMarla wrote:What about a military history book? Do y'all know any good ones about the Rangers in particular?
"To Fight With Intrepidity" and "Rangers In Combat" both by John D. Locke
"Black Hawk Down", "The Battle of Mogadishu" and "Roberts Ridge" are good books about more recent combat operations.
There are a lot of good books to choose from about Rangers in Vietnam that I would recommend he check out.
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

Invictus wrote:
MsMarla wrote:What about a military history book? Do y'all know any good ones about the Rangers in particular?
"To Fight With Intrepidity" and "Rangers In Combat" both by John D. Locke
"Black Hawk Down", "The Battle of Mogadishu" and "Roberts Ridge" are good books about more recent combat operations.
There are a lot of good books to choose from about Rangers in Vietnam that I would recommend he check out.
Thank you, Ranger Invictus. That "To Fight with Intrepidity" looks good, but is going for $70 on amazon! Must be out of print. I'll try to find it somewhere else.

We are definitely doing the watch and a couple of books with some cash. I'm still trying to convince my husband that the knife is a good idea. I'm thinking even if he doesn't love the one we get, he can always get another one after RASP. Can you have too many?
Proud mother of a Ranger
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Maam, the fact that you are there for him and support him in this amazingly difficult endeavor is one of the greatest gifts you could ever give to him. This young warrior has a lot of questions going through his mind right now and he will be looking for reassurance from those he trusts that he has made a wise decision. The rest (watches, cash, etc.) is gravy, just keep doing what you're doing and don't let him give up!
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

boscounderfoot wrote:Maam, the fact that you are there for him and support him in this amazingly difficult endeavor is one of the greatest gifts you could ever give to him. This young warrior has a lot of questions going through his mind right now and he will be looking for reassurance from those he trusts that he has made a wise decision. The rest (watches, cash, etc.) is gravy, just keep doing what you're doing and don't let him give up!
Thank you. I can do that!
Proud mother of a Ranger

Return to “The Mosh Pit”