Introduction-msmarla

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Introduction-msmarla

Post by MsMarla »

Thank you for accepting me to the forum. My son is currently in RASP hold and scheduled to start 13 JAN. I only learned about this site yesterday and am looking forward to sharing it with him, since he is pretty much in the dark. He tried to get an Opt40 from the recruiter, but was told there weren't any available. We advised him not to sign until he got one if he wasn't willing to serve elsewhere, but he was extremely hard headed and managed to "earn" one in Basic.

My dad served 22 years enlisted in the Navy. My husband has served 22 years as a naval aviator and is probably finishing up his last two years active duty (8 carrier deployments). My son's father (ex-husband) went through Ranger School as a 2nd Lt. while we were married, so I'm not unfamiliar, but it seems like things have changed some (that was 90-91) or are very different for enlisted, so I'm looking forward to reading and learning here.

Thanks again!
Proud mother of a Ranger
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction-msmarla

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for raising a son who wants to be a warrior.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

Welcome to the site and thank you for raising a Warrior. There are many different forums on this site for your son and for you. There are a few other parents in the site that have recently joined that also have son starting RASP. You can find them in the Introductions: Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wife's/Parents. Their screen names are Gunny0466 and Charliegirl. Best of luck to your son.
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

HakweeRgr wrote:Welcome to the site and thank you for raising a Warrior. There are many different forums on this site for your son and for you. There are a few other parents in the site that have recently joined that also have son starting RASP. You can find them in the Introductions: Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wife's/Parents. Their screen names are Gunny0466 and Charliegirl. Best of luck to your son.
Thank you for the welcomes. My son will be home on pass tomorrow. I'll definitely be pointing him in this direction.
Proud mother of a Ranger

Return to “Introduction Archive”