Big road block.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Big road block.

Post by KW Driver »

EV22 wrote:

During this time, he said, "Yo pack up the bowl." Not thinking of it as a big deal, I started to go ahead and do this. A police officer shined his light through the window and stares right at me holding the bowl and <1 gram. The reason for the call was that neighbors complained about a fire, so the police showed up and boom, that was it. Tried to hide it, but it was found.

-EV22
That ain't quite what you put in the first post. You were holding, you were loading the bowl. You got no one else to blame but yourself. Period.

Here's a comparison. Back when I hung with smokers, I'd tell them it was cool, but I'd leave the room, later, I'd go outside while they smoked. Eventually, I just quit hanging with smokers. Anything heavier, I was just gone.

"you're doing rails in the bathroom/y'all are dropping/rolling/whatever? It's cool, but I'm out."

I wasn't having any part of catching a charge and fucking up my life for something I wasn't involved in.

You played, now you're paying. You put yourself where you are, and no one else.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Big road block.

Post by IEDmagnet »

KW Driver wrote:
EV22 wrote:

During this time, he said, "Yo pack up the bowl." Not thinking of it as a big deal, I started to go ahead and do this. A police officer shined his light through the window and stares right at me holding the bowl and <1 gram. The reason for the call was that neighbors complained about a fire, so the police showed up and boom, that was it. Tried to hide it, but it was found.

-EV22
That ain't quite what you put in the first post. You were holding, you were loading the bowl. You got no one else to blame but yourself. Period.

Here's a comparison. Back when I hung with smokers, I'd tell them it was cool, but I'd leave the room, later, I'd go outside while they smoked. Eventually, I just quit hanging with smokers. Anything heavier, I was just gone.

"you're doing rails in the bathroom/y'all are dropping/rolling/whatever? It's cool, but I'm out."

I wasn't having any part of catching a charge and fucking up my life for something I wasn't involved in.

My thoughts exactly. Accountability, and Integrity come to mind here.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
EV22
Embryo

Post by EV22 »

KW Driver wrote:
EV22 wrote:

-EV22

Ranger KW Driver,

I was explaining in more detail about the situation was all. I am paying for it now as I can see -taking full responsibility, but if possible I would like to turn my situation around and prove myself worthy. First things first, I need to get to MEPS.
EV22
Embryo

Post by EV22 »

Roger that Ranger ZoneIV.
EV22
Embryo

Post by EV22 »

Rangers/Army/Army Recruiters,

Update: I was contacted by the station commander regarding my enlistment. Since I can't get a moral waiver regarding my situation for normal enlistment, I was informed that the National Guard has a program called Active First. With this I was told that it is the same exact process as normal enlistment and that I could get what I wanted.

I don't know if it is a numbers game, but this seems like a loophole that I am not sure will get me what I want.

Can anyone shed any light onto this program and the track to get a slot at RASP?

Thank You,

EV22

Return to “Recruitment Process”