Introduction-Brandon

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

krazy33
Embryo

Introduction-Brandon

Post by krazy33 »

Afternoon Rangers and deppers. My name is brandon and I recently enlisted with my 11x opt. 40 contract (AIRBORNE RANGER HOOAH!). I ship to benning on 2-22-11. I passed my airborne physical, and got the contract that my recruiter told me I wouldn't! First and foremost I would like to thank all rangers in this forum for the informaton provided thus far, and look forward to spending several hours, if not days reading through this wealth of knowledge.
Secondly, I would like to provide a little background information for you all. I am 23 years old, and training my @$$ off for what's to come. I enlisted at 5ft. 11in. and 212lbs. I have been in DEP since 8-31-10 and have doubled my situps, stacked my pushups, and lost 7 lbs. They tell me my weight is too high, but my body fat % is only 22%, which isn't that high for my height and weight. Currently I am shooting for a loss of another 15lbs, and % drop to approx. 15%. A personal goal based on my past levels of fitness and body composition... I have been an athlete my entire life and after highschool sports ended, I became a boxer. After a short while I transitioned into the world of MMA, as boxing has become almost obsolete. I am a warrior, through and through, and earning my tab and scroll would be the highest honor I could imagine, as well as the ultimate test of strength and leadership I'll ever face.
I am absolutely pumped about joining this forum, joining the ARMY, and joining the Ranger brotherhood! Any advice, tips or opinions will be greatly appreciated, heeded and taken to heart. And thanks again to you guys for your priceless insights!
11C
Airborne Class 28-11
RASP Class 08-11
3rd Batt. 75th Ranger Regt.
HHC
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Brandon

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome, Brandon. Congratulations for enlisting for the opportunity to serve as an Army Ranger. Your enthusiasm and confidence is appreciated. You mention the improvemets you're making in physical fitness, but post the results of a PT test to include pull-ups. And be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
krazy33
Embryo

Post by krazy33 »

Thank you for the pm ranger bill... heeded. As for my PT results, I haven't tested recently(last month or so), or even officially for my recruiter, but I came in at:
62 pushups
70 situps
13 pullups
and a very disappointing 16:02 2 mile.

LOTS of room for improvement, and believe me, I'm working on it! Pushups, pullups and 2 mi. will be much improved with the loss of another 15-20lbs. I just got back into my old gym, and now am incorporating swimming, and some circuit weight training into the PT regimen. And don't worry rangers, I am NOT doing my running on the treadmill...a mistake I know is commonly made by deppers that go to the gym. It's all roadwork, on incline and declined terrain. There are very good hills for running here in Auburn, ca. They dont call it the foothills for nothing!
Thanks again for checking my post. And once more, any thoughts on improvement, or opinions in general are appreciated. Also, I have plenty of questions myself, but I'll wait to post until I've finished reading through the rest of the forum. Hooah!
11C
Airborne Class 28-11
RASP Class 08-11
HHC
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for enlisting.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome krazy33.

I've sent you a PM.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

Welcome and thanks for your intent to serve as a Ranger.

If you want a tip, here's one...start capitalizing the word Ranger on this site. Attention to detail.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
krazy33
Embryo

Post by krazy33 »

Roger that Ranger Mortar_Guy78!
Duly noted...And thank you for reading my posts.
11C
Airborne Class 28-11
RASP Class 08-11
HHC

Return to “Introduction Archive”