Introduction-Doug

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

dcal7
Future Soldier

Introduction-Doug

Post by dcal7 »

Rangers,

My name is Doug, I'm 22 years old and a college graduate. I am currently a teacher in Mexico and have been for the past year. Rather than taking a job in the United States, I have decided to enlist in the Army with an Option 40 to join the Rangers. I have always been interested in the military and through what I've heard about the Rangers and what I've learned on this site, the 75th Regiment is the only regiment that I want to be in because of the skill depth that its members have: strength (mentally and physically), integrity and intelligence. After reading this site for the past few months and speaking to others, I know that every step will be a challenge (even getting the Option 40), but believe it is worth it.

Thank you for creating this site, it has been extremely useful and helpful.

Doug
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Doug

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your interest in serving our great country as an Army Ranger. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details, you can learn a great deal here to help you. Please read and heed the ROE document I have sent you by PM.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
dcal7
Future Soldier

Post by dcal7 »

Rangers,

One of the main reasons that I wanted to join was because I have language skills. I speak Spanish and have studied German. I have a deep interest in languages and thought that I could learn Pashto and use it to help the mission in Afghanistan. However, from what I understand of the Rangers, you are involved in “quick” missions that don’t involve interacting with the locals very much. Is there an opportunity for me to use my language skills in the Rangers, or better put, would I be useful to the Rangers with this skill set?

Thank You,

Doug
dcal7
Future Soldier

Post by dcal7 »

Rangers,

I just signed with a 68W Opt 4 with the plan to volunteer for Rangers while in AIT. If anyone has any advice on how to better prepare myself for success at AIT (things to study) to increase my chances of getting accepted to try out for the Rangers at RASP, it is very much appreciated.

Thank You,

Doug
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

Congrats on securing your contract, there are several forms here on the site to help prepare so you will be able to stand out during your training so you can secure a 40 option. Use the search button to your advantage. Good Luck with all your future endeavors.
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
dcal7
Future Soldier

Post by dcal7 »

Thank you Ranger HakweeRgr,

I'll continue to use this site to help me on my way, it has already proven to be an incredible resource for me so far.

-Doug
nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

Post by nightcrawler »

welcome to the site dcal7! Thanks for wanting to serve this great nation!
Good luck in achieving your goals!
Listen and learn and you'll do well!
NEVER QUIT :!: :!: :!:

Any questions you have I advise you to search first, because most likely they've been answered many times!
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
"Having Been Led by love of country"
ACO 1-506 INF BN 02-04 Camp Giant
ACO 1-506 INF BN 05-06 Camp Greaves
Currahee
Operation Iraqi Freedom (al-Habbaniyah)
ACO 2-12 INF BN 06-Present Camp Carson
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Baghdad) Al Doura District

All gave some, but some gave all!
RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
dcal7
Future Soldier

Post by dcal7 »

SITREP (posted here since I'm not yet in Basic): I recently took my first PT diagnostics test with my recruiter. I got 75 pushups, 74 situps and 13:20 run. We of course didn't do pull-ups but I know I can at least do 12 because that's what I start my pull up work out with. Still sub-par for Rangers, but I'll get it up before I ship.

Return to “Introduction Archive”