Entering the Army with dreams of being a ranger.. but..

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

WCN19
Embryo

Entering the Army with dreams of being a ranger.. but..

Post by WCN19 »

From the subject you can see, It's my hearts desire to be a Ranger. It's all I've ever wanted to be since I can remember. I have a small problem, I have a left side varicocele, it doesn't bother me at all. I jog for 2 hours a day, work out regularly, and work lifting boxes with computer screens and towers inside. I've had this for maybe 4 to 6 years, and not once has it given me an issue, to be honest I don't even remember how I cam to find it, maybe it was a physical for karate school in 4th grade or something. I told my recruiter about it, do you think I'll have to get surgery before they allow me to enter or will I just need to get a waiver? At first I was going to try and hide it, but if it's one thing I don't like to do it's lie. So I decided to be honest with my recruiter and now, I'm feeling pessimistic about it. Please help me out with your opinions, and experiences. Thank You!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Entering the Army with dreams of being a ranger.. but..

Post by Steadfast »

*** Moved topic
» from Recruitment Process to Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians ***

1st post.

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
WCN19
Embryo

Post by WCN19 »

Thank You for welcoming me.

I guess I'll give my introduction here now.

My name is William, I graduated from High school in 2009. I've known for sure since maybe 6th grade I wanted to join the Army in hopes of becoming a Ranger. My mom doesn't understand why I would pick a job that would put me in so much danger, but I feel with every ounce of me being that I am meant to be a Ranger. I spend countless hours reading Ranger journals, and my TV is permanently on the Military Channel. I have several family members in the Armed Forces, but none have pursued a title as great as Airborne Ranger. I guess I'm just an odd ball, and I will not rest until I have earned the title. No one can change my mind, and if I have to go to Ranger school on crutches, I will not accept defeat.
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Welcome stud.

Our country needs men with balls, so pursue your goals to the best of your ability. While not everyone is cut out for Regiment, you will never know unless you try, and should you fail, you will still do yourself, and your nation, a great and honorable service by serving in our Army.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
WCN19
Embryo

Post by WCN19 »

@Prodigy922

This isn't larger than the testicle, and it is asymptomatic. I have a friend who is enlisted on his second tour, he said the doctors at MEPS never even checked him for varicocele. The only problems that could come at this point is infertility until surgery. I'm not exactly trying to have kids at the moment lol. My friend told me, hes had his about 4 years before he signed up and no problems or pain so he decided not to bother with a waiver, and hes been enlisted for awhile now still with no pain. I did mention it to my recruiter though, hopefully I'll be able to get a waiver soon. I just want to go to boot camp as soon as possible, also I know if they tell me I need to get a surgery before I can enlist it'll be awhile before I can do that because my mother is against me joining and im still under her insurance... so she'll delay it as long as possible which I definitely do NOT want.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreciated. Keep us informed on how things go with your recruiter and at MEPS. In the mean time, be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
WCN19
Embryo

Post by WCN19 »

Alright guys, I offically chose the MOS 21B. I'll be a combat engineer, and after my OSUT. I have Ranger School on my contract, so I'll be a Sapper/Ranger Combat Engineer !
WCN19
Embryo

Post by WCN19 »

12B*
WCN19
Embryo

Post by WCN19 »

Tater Nuts wrote:
WCN19 wrote:Alright guys, I offically chose the MOS 21B. I'll be a combat engineer, and after my OSUT. I have Ranger School on my contract, so I'll be a Sapper/Ranger Combat Engineer !
Or another crushed soul with an excuse and a story. :)

Hey man, I still have every intention on being a Ranger. This is just a temporary job, if I don't like it when my enlistment is up, I'll just change it to something more suitable for me. I'm only 18, I have a long career ahead of me. Also, Ranger's need Combat Engineer's too. If you come across a stumbling block, guess who you're going to call ? Thanks for the feedback anyway.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

WCN19 wrote:
Tater Nuts wrote:
WCN19 wrote:Alright guys, I offically chose the MOS 21B. I'll be a combat engineer, and after my OSUT. I have Ranger School on my contract, so I'll be a Sapper/Ranger Combat Engineer !
Or another crushed soul with an excuse and a story. :)

Hey man, I still have every intention on being a Ranger. This is just a temporary job, if I don't like it when my enlistment is up, I'll just change it to something more suitable for me. I'm only 18, I have a long career ahead of me. Also, Ranger's need Combat Engineer's too. If you come across a stumbling block, guess who you're going to call ? Thanks for the feedback anyway.
WCN19, you may be gone from this site soon. :evil:

You call one more Ranger by anthing else but his proper title you will only be able to read (& not post) on this site (because you will be banned).

"Hey man", should have been Hey Ranger Tater Nuts, he earned his title with his past service in a Ranger unit. I suggest WCN19, you re-read the ROE sent to you by Ranger Bill.

I do not want an apology but you better apologize to Ranger Tater Nuts. & I want to see you addressing personel properly, their titles are below their names.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

That doesn't make sense
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

William, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. Thus far, you are not doing very well at all. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. We take some pride in the quality of the young men who come through this site as they make their life journey, If you want something else, well we'll just have to see. Ranger Bill has sent you a copy of our ROE. You are expected to comply with the guidance you have been given. Now, I have a question for you: Have you been accepted into the Delayed Entry Program in MOS 12B (Combat Engineer), with a slot for the Ranger Course? Or are you still discussing it with your recruiter? For your initial task, please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread not later than midnight, Sunday, 3 October 2010. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”