shipping out as a 84, color blind, wanting Rangers

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
just plain Mike
Embryo

shipping out as a 84, color blind, wanting Rangers

Post by just plain Mike »

Hello Rangers,
I have perused this forum extensively the past few weeks, but need a little more information. Not real forum literate, so I apologize in advance if I do not use the right terms.
I tested color blind at MEPS, I initially wanted to join the infantry, but after testing color blind, my counselor was able to get me in as a health care speciliast.
My goal, only reason I joined the army, is to work with focused, elite soldiers, as such, my endgame is the Rangers.
Since I am color blind, I am going to have to get around that somehow. I plan on being persistent to the point of being arrested in order to get my chance, but would like some advice on how to go about it. I have read posts where Rangers advised others to, chain themselves outside the Ranger office until they were given the chance. I am ready and willing, but would like to know how to go about it as a professional, with only one goal in mind. Any advice or criticism is appreciated. Thanks.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: shipping out as a 84, color blind, wanting Rangers

Post by K.Ingraham »

Michael Glover wrote: Rangers advised others to, chain themselves outside the Ranger office until they were given the chance.
You're gonna have to learn to be a little more discerning... :twisted:

Good medics are highly valued & respected by all. "Be all you can be", whether you get the Ranger slot or not.

I can't offer you any hope beyond doing your best with what you have now. That and scoring solid 300s on your PT. Since you'll be at Ft Sam, good luck with that.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Michael..... while I appreciate your enthusiasm and zeal, DON'T do anything illegal or stupid anywhere along your journey you've begun. Read the Ranger Creed, and that may give you a better idea of what you can do to become a better Soldier.

The Military has color-blind rules in effect for a specific reason, and not all rules are made to be broken. Remember your service (especially in the medical field) is valuable and appreciated whereever you end up.
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger K.Ingraham,
So at Fort Benning I won't get a chance to talk with Rangers?
Thanks for the wisdom, I will "be all I can be" regardless, but truly wish for something more. Thanks for the reply
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger RTO,
You're exactly right, and being professional does not include chaining yourself outside the Ranger liason office, stupid example. I will read the Ranger Creed to the detail and learn from it.
I did see a medical color-blindness waiver in the application process for Rangers for medics, and that is what gave me hope.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

just plain Mike wrote:Ranger K.Ingraham,
So at Fort Benning I won't get a chance to talk with Rangers?
Thanks for the wisdom, I will "be all I can be" regardless, but truly wish for something more. Thanks for the reply
Oh yeah, you can, I understand that there's a Ranger liason at jump school & I'm sure once there you'll be able to find some sort of Ranger recruiter around.
I can't speak to the colorblind requirements, but like asthma, it's not one of those things that gets waived.
To max your chances, work towards being honor grad at every school & max that PT.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
just plain Mike
Embryo

Ranger K. Ingraham,
Thank you for the information and advice, will strive for excellence in every endeavour.

Ship out date 20080522
just plain Mike
Embryo

Rangers,
I still cannot grasp what the color blind waiver in the Ranger Medic packet entails: https://www.infantry.army.mil/75thrange ... ion_06.pdf.
I have researched this topic in detail but cannot come up with an explanation on this particular waiver. Anyone have clearer understanding? Thanks.
Mike

Ship date: 20080522
fenix3069
Egg

Re: shipping out as a 84, color blind, wanting Rangers

Post by fenix3069 »

This post gives me much hope of becoming a Ranger. I am going to print that waiver and bring it to my recruiter when i enlist. I wasn't planning on joining the medical field but if it will give me a shot at becoming a ranger I'm going to pursue it 110%. As to your question of what that packet of documents means, correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like a set of agreements you will have to sign and fill out before you enter the Ranger program. Followed by two medic waivers at the end.

Return to “About RASP”