Introduction: rubberlegs

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

rubberlegs
Egg

Introduction: rubberlegs

Post by rubberlegs »

Rangers,

Hello, my name is David. I am 27 years old, with some college. I am a volunteer firefighter, and currently work as a math tutor at a non-profit adult-education organization. For a quite some time now, the urge to serve my country in the armed forces has lurked in the back of my mind. Recently, it has transitioned from a lingering notion to a drive, in part due to the influence of a friend and co-worker, who was a Ranger himself.

I have not yet enlisted, as I am focusing right now on my physical condition. I have become deeply interested in the 75th Ranger Regiment, and have been browsing this site for a short while now, investigating how to get the opportunity to try out for the Regiment. Of concern is that I would require a moral waiver to enlist, due to my criminal history (which consists of one serious offense, and two small speeding tickets). The speeding tickets were disposed in the usual way - paying fines - while the other offense was dealt with by a one-year diversionary program, and the arrest may be expunged from my record. It is my understanding that expungement would not remove my obligation to disclose this offense to the Army, and I have no desire to conceal any part of my history from the armed forces.

In light of the USAREC memo shared by Ranger goon175, it would seem that I am ineligible for an Option 40 contract. I am trying to determine, by reading the information shared by the knowledgeable members of this forum, if there is another route to RASP for me, whether I should finish my college degree before enlisting, or seek an Airborne contract and hope for the opportunity to volunteer for RASP.

-rubberlegs, going to do PT

(Aside: In choosing my avatar, I did not spot a 'Newts' gallery to select from, as directed by the thread in the FAQ section. Not wishing to misrepresent myself by choosing an avatar from a different category, I have gone without. Could someone please advise as to the correct course of action here?)

Return to “Introduction Archive”