Rest In Peace, Troopers

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RANGER513
Ranger

Rest In Peace, Troopers

Post by RANGER513 »

I recieved this e-mail yesterday.

Prayers out to the families, fellow Troopers, and especially the children.

Rest In Peace, Troopers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All AAST Members:

I apologize for the delay in forwarding all of you this tragic news regarding two troopers and one CHP officer who were recently killed in the line of duty while protecting and serving the citizens of their respective states.

New Jersey State Police Trooper Marc Castellano died in the line of duty on Sunday, June 6, 2010. Trooper Castellano died of injuries he sustained when he was struck by a vehicle while searching for a suspect on I-195 near an exit ramp in Howell Township. He was struck by a passing vehicle and taken to a local hospital, where he died from his injuries several hours later. The suspect he was searching for was located a short time later hiding in a wooded area.

Trooper Castellano, 29, had served with the New Jersey State Police for 6 years and was assigned to Troop C Tactical Patrol Unit. He is survived by his wife and two children.

Sympathy cards may be sent to the New Jersey State Police, PO Box 7068, West Trenton, NJ 08628. Questions regarding funeral arrangements or survivor benefit fund information can be obtained by calling the New Jersey State Police at (609) 882-2000.

Maryland State Police Trooper Wesley Brown died in the line of duty on Friday, June 11, 2010. Trooper Brown was shot and killed while working an off duty security detail at a restaurant in Forestville, Maryland. He was standing in the parking lot talking on his cell phone when he was fatally shot.

Trooper Brown, 24, had served with the Maryland State Police for three years and was assigned to the Forestville Barracks. He is survived by his fiancée.

Sympathy cards may be sent to the Maryland State Police, 1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208. Questions regarding funeral arrangements or survivor benefit fund information can be obtained by calling the Maryland State Police at (410) 486-3101.

California Highway Patrol Officer Tom Coleman died in the line of duty on Friday, June 11, 2010. Officer Coleman was killed in a motorcycle accident while pursuing another vehicle that fled when he attempted to stop it in Redlands. Approximately one minute into the pursuit Officer Coleman's motorcycle collided with a tractor trailer at the intersection of San Bernardino Avenue and Alabama Street. The vehicle he was pursuing crashed into another vehicle moments later, and all four occupants were apprehended.

Officer Coleman, 33, had served with the California Highway Patrol for seven years. He is survived by his wife and two children.

Sympathy cards may be sent to the California Highway Patrol, PO Box 942898, Sacramento, CA 94298. Questions regarding funeral arrangements or survivor benefit fund information can be obtained by calling the California Highway Patrol at (916) 657-7261.

Please join the men and women of the American Association of State Troopers in keeping the families of Trooper Castellano, Trooper Brown, and Officer Coleman, and the men and women of the New Jersey State Police, Maryland State Police, and California Highway Patrol, in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

With Honor and Respect,

Ken Howes

Executive Director

American Association of State Troopers
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Rest In Peace, Troopers

Post by IEDmagnet »

RIP Brothers
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

RIP
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

It's a damn shame. Always is. God speed! RIP.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

This should be an ongoing thread. Post those LEOs who died in the line of duty, so as to remind us out here how dangerous that job is.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

rgrokelley wrote:This should be an ongoing thread. Post those LEOs who died in the line of duty, so as to remind us out here how dangerous that job is.
Awesome idea...my opinion is crap (I know)...but that's an awesome idea and I support it.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

May one day, we have fewer and fewer names to honor.

May you all go with God as you've done your time in hell.

Rest easy Brothers.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Damn. Rest easy men. My prayers to their families.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

My son has been a police officer for
10 years. I have served as a reserve
deputy and officer. I have learned a
great deal of understanding and
respect for law enforcement. The
person on the street will never
fully know or appriciate what these
people go through, in order to perform
their civil duties.God Bless these
fallen troopers and their families.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

May the three Rest in Peace.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Lunch wrote:RIP troopers.

Sidenote: all you LEO's and firefighters here have reminded me how, in our own disfuntional way, we are all family. Like the active duty soldiers I meet, lately I have come to make it a point to also thank the LEO's, EMS, and figherfighters I encounter for their service. They are your brothers, and I extend the same gratitude and respect to them as I would to you.
Damn it Lunch, one second your making me spit up my mild, and now your getting me all choked up. I'll say this much, I got into Law Enforcement because it was the closest thing to Military Service I could find in the civilian world. Again, too many deaths, not enough inmates.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

RIP Brothers.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992

Return to “The News Dump”