New rumor in Regt.

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

placebo wrote: Every fuckin' gunrag in the country will have Rangers on the back cover. 8)
Geez....I fucking hope not. We're not SEALs... :?
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Hopefully it will be "Soldier of Fiction".
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
1st Ranger

Post by 1st Ranger »

I hate to bust the "happy bubbles," but how long has Rgt. been talking about new hand cannons? H8, you know exactly what I mean. If they're going to go with a 1911, .45 based gat (which it should!), why not the Para Ordnance p14.45? Its one hell of a handgun, plus you can have the high capacity to go along with it? You can't argue with 14 rounds of mankillers. If you go with theh LDA models, you can still have the double action that the Army seems to like. It really is a sweet DA.
Well, I guess that I have to concede one point. I never thought that Rgt. would relax the haircut standard, but they did. So, if you can argue that point, then maybe thay will get new pistolas.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

1st Ranger wrote:I hate to bust the "happy bubbles," but how long has Rgt. been talking about new hand cannons? H8, you know exactly what I mean. If they're going to go with a 1911, .45 based gat (which it should!), why not the Para Ordnance p14.45? Its one hell of a handgun, plus you can have the high capacity to go along with it? You can't argue with 14 rounds of mankillers. If you go with theh LDA models, you can still have the double action that the Army seems to like. It really is a sweet DA.
Well, I guess that I have to concede one point. I never thought that Rgt. would relax the haircut standard, but they did. So, if you can argue that point, then maybe thay will get new pistolas.
Springfield makes a double-stack 1911, as does SVI and STI, and probably a few others. The SVI and STI use a polymer body, and are lighter than their Para counterparts. I've not looked into Kimber, but its entirely possible they have a double-stack as well.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Who is all carrying pistols in Regt these days? Lt's, Psg's and 240 gunners did when I was in, but who else now?
ChipOnShoulder

Who is carrying .45's

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Most of the guys including me had M4's. Some medics preffered just a pistol but I wanted to be armed to the tooth. Machine gunners had them as well as Goose gunners. It was personal prefference for the officers I think, but they all had M4's.
I believe that each Ranger should have a sidearm, prefferably a .45 and a damned good knife like a Randall or Chris Reeve project I. If the main M4 malfunctioned which happened alot, that .45 could mean the difference of either going home intact or going home in the last fart sack you will ever sleep in. On live fire ranges we would take turns as medics following the First Seargent and believe me those M4's fuck up bad at times. Especially the ones with grenade launchers.

Doc Cook
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

RangerStew wrote:Relax hair standards? Did I miss something? Must have been asleep during that discussion. Fill me in please.

RangerStew
Ranger Stew, there was a post in minor mayhem a while back. Here is the post. I don't believe it was ever really mentioned in open forum, well maybe mojo mayhem.

1 FEB 2004
MEMORANDUM FOR ALL RANGERS

SUBJECT: RCO Note #2, Haircut Policy

1. Effective 1 February, 2004, the Ranger Regiment will change the current haircut policy. We will maintain our hair IAW AR 670-1. Facial hair is not authorized.

2. There are many logical arguments for and against changing the haircut policy. The haircut has become a very visible symbol in defining the Ranger Regiment both internally and externally. However, I believe that the “high and tightâ€
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Smiddy
Ranger

Re: New rumor in Regt.

Post by Smiddy »

H8 Train wrote:Talked to a buddy of mine in Force Mod and he told me that Regt is probably going to Kimber for their new sidearm. .45 cal obviously. :D
Sounds Doubtful, John. Is that from the RHQ Force Mod? It's a vey costly piece. Our team is considering going to them(copying of a 5th group team), but that's for 12 guys not 2000. Of course, the boys are worth it, but does the RMO think they are?

Remember when Chuck was working on this? It came down to Ammo. Maybe the Ammo problem was fixed. At the time it was for govt owned 1911s, which are various makes: Colt, Singer, Remington Rand(what I was issued), etc.
"NEVER WITHOUT HONOR"

C Co, 1/75; 92-00...HHC, 1/75; 00-02
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Smiddy wrote:
H8 Train wrote:Talked to a buddy of mine in Force Mod and he told me that Regt is probably going to Kimber for their new sidearm. .45 cal obviously. :D
Sounds Doubtful, John. Is that from the RHQ Force Mod? It's a vey costly piece. Our team is considering going to them(copying of a 5th group team), but that's for 12 guys not 2000. Of course, the boys are worth it, but does the RMO think they are?

Remember when Chuck was working on this? It came down to Ammo. Maybe the Ammo problem was fixed. At the time it was for govt owned 1911s, which are various makes: Colt, Singer, Remington Rand(what I was issued), etc.
They are going to test it out soon. The ammo issue has been worked out with our supieriors. SOCOM will just get more .45 ammo. I don't know the details. I said lets go with the 1911. Cheaper and less complicated.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Smiddy
Ranger

Post by Smiddy »

H8 Train wrote:
They are going to test it out soon. The ammo issue has been worked out with our supieriors. SOCOM will just get more .45 ammo. I don't know the details. I said lets go with the 1911. Cheaper and less complicated.

Sweet! Good deal then. I hope it doesn't get fucked up. Sometimes Staff listens to the wrong "know it all"
"NEVER WITHOUT HONOR"

C Co, 1/75; 92-00...HHC, 1/75; 00-02

Return to “Weapons of War”