New rumor in Regt.

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Parabellum
Ranger

New rumor in Regt.

Post by Parabellum »

Talked to a buddy of mine in Force Mod and he told me that Regt is probably going to Kimber for their new sidearm. .45 cal obviously. :D
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

I hope they actually train to use a secondary wpn, versus just carrying it!
ChipOnShoulder

Why go to Kimber?

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Why not take all the 1911's we have in Army storage, within driving distance of Benning, Send them to Colt's, Wilson's, Springfield Armory's and other's custom shops and have them tailored for the needs of the Regiment. I think they are stored at Anniston if I remember correctly. Don't turn them into race guns, just modify them with the standard goodies.

Doc Cook
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Does the TLE have a full length guide rod in it? The reason I ask is that I went with a Springer that does, and an allen wrench is needed to fieldstrip it, on paper anyway. You can, however, un-screw the guide rod by just using your fingers.

I'm not familiar with the Kimbers enough to know if they are similar in that you can actually disassemble them without the tools.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Thanks. Mine isn't anywhere near that tight. Does your TLE have a match barrel? Dose that affect how tight the bushing has to be, i.e. - other than match barrel = tighter bushing? Or is it just a differance in manufacturer tolerances?
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

It ain't my decision I am just letting you all know. I would perfer to have the Springfield 1911A1 myself.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I like 'em both. I went with Springer just because I am a loyal Sprinfield customer, not to mention that somehow it fit me better than the Kimber did.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

That sucks. My loaded has performed flawlessly so far. It would feed ball / Hydroshocks staggered in the same mag without a hickup right out of the box.

Maybe I just got lucky.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

If Regt. does go with the Kimbers, I would suspect that they'll be 'worn' and 'loosened' in no time flat; Rangers are pretty ruthless with weapons/equipment (especially that we didn't pay for :twisted: ). As long as they get rid of that fucking 9mm horseshit, almost anything will be an improvement.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Well I would take a Kimber over a Springfield. I know I have over 10k rounds on my Kimber Classic with no visible sign of wear or looseness, ask the Vegas crew.

I don’t think that having to carry a bushing wrench is a big deal. Don’t saw gunners have to carry some little gadget tool for the gas system. The good thing is that they are finally going back to a real handgun.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “Weapons of War”