Stew Smith Spec OPS E-Book

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Cisco4711
US Army

Stew Smith Spec OPS E-Book

Post by Cisco4711 »

I just purchased the Ten Week Army Ranger / Special Forces Workout (E-book) online. Im supposed to recieve in a few days for the print format; Im wondering if anyone has read this E-book or what are your opinions towards it?
173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team
Feb 2010- Present
Cisco4711
US Army

Re: Stew Smith Spec OPS E-Book

Post by Cisco4711 »

Ranger Zonk 1/75,

I got the book, but I haven't done the workouts. They require much time out of the day which is something I can't do right now because of school and work. I might try it out in the summer
173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team
Feb 2010- Present
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Cisco, If you have an Opt.40, you'd best make the time for working out or you will waste the slot. It is never too early to begin, but it might already be too late.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Regardless of whether you have the book or not, you should be doing pushups and situps at a minimum in your spare time. Alternate with elevated pushups with a weighted backpack strapped on, do at least 50 if you can per set. You'll get there but only if you put in the effort and "make" time. Good luck kid
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

I used the Stew Smith Navy SEAL workout book about eight years back to prep a friend for BUDs. He never went, but it got him in fine shape. It takes about three hours per morning when you get into the weeks with the highest repetitions, but that includes the swim time as well. I'd recommend you keep the swims, and add some rucking.

I would take Smith's advice to work in a cycle of weight training in between the regular 9 week cardio cycles, or you will end up looking as we did - skinny as a couple of wet cats. My wife was unhappy.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel

Return to “About Army Physical Training”