Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

2gensoldier90
US Army

Introduction

Post by 2gensoldier90 »

Hello Army Ranger Community,

I am not a future soldier(already on active duty) but I hope to become a Ranger. Ever since I was a child I've been fascinated with the Army in general(father is also on active duty). I've been around the army for majority of my life and of course after graduation I enlisted. My dad, though a great soldier in my view, pushed me towards the chair force and I was DEP with them for about six months. They screwed me over and I didn't want to be there anyway so I go out of the program and wen running back to the Army. My dad didn't want me in combat arms mos so I chose 35F under the impression I'd be supporting the manuever while doing some high speed shit. I've been proven wrong so far and hopefully I can get a reclass out of my re-enlistment next year. It took me going through BCT to ease my fear of heights but everytime I got close to volunteering for Jump School in AIT shit came up. Anyway I'm now at Ft. Hood where I was immediately deployed to Iraq. I hated it not because I was there but because I was sitting around doing nada. I was placed in my BN's 3 shop, mind you this is a MI BN. The only good thing about this experience was the LRS TRP which was under our MTOE( now they're becoming a RSTA squadron) . They were my definition of cool for the rest of my time in that unit. I returned from Iraq last November and transfered over to 4BCT 1st CAV in hopes to go work in a line unit(and my spouse is in the brigade) but of course I was sent to Brigade S-2 where I will stay throughout this next deployment in September. My goal is to reclass(I'm looking at 13F) and get to one of the batts. My dad and I have been talking and he told me to do what o think is right and what I want to do. He has always told me take charge of my career and that's what I intend to do. I attempted to go to Air Assault this month but the only dates were this month and I just had a baby.
Hopefully between all the pre-deployment nonsense and JRTC I can fit in Jump School. Either way I WILL one day have the privlege to say I'm a member of the 75th
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

I took the initiative to move you to the right thread. As you are on active duty, you belong with the vets -- not the future soldiers. There are slots for 35F in the Regiment. If you want to be treated as an adult, we expect you to act like one. Do your homework, most of the issues you raised have been addressed here. The search feature is your friend -- I reserve judgement.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

2gensoldier90 wrote:
It took me going through BCT to ease my fear of heights but everytime I got close to volunteering for Jump School in AIT shit came up.
Huh........WHAT ?????? :roll:

The maximum effective range of an excuse is: ZERO.

Also, Wildman, I believe ya might be providing too much unit info on here. In other words, look up the term ' OPSEC '.

Most if not ALL your questions can easily be answered by using the search button, or simply looking around our site.

You are currently serving, and I thank you for your service, and this is THE only reason why I am taking it easy on ya, Wildman.

Tighten up your shot group and leave excuses at the door. If you truely want to join the 75th, start acting like it and get off your third point of contact and DO IT !

Welcome.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your service.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Soldier.

Pick yourself a better avatar. We saw this dude (on a UK site) maybe 4, 5 years ago. Paint ball I believe they were playing. Dude must be 4'10" - 5'.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Steadfast wrote:Welcome Soldier.

Pick yourself a better avatar. We saw this dude (on a UK site) maybe 4, 5 years ago. Paint ball I believe they were playing. Dude must be 4'10" - 5'.

Was that 4'10" tall and 5' around? He sure looks like he could have a 60" waist.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
2gensoldier90
US Army

Post by 2gensoldier90 »

Thank you Rangers. Your input and wisdom is greatly appreciated. I'll definately adhere to the rules and regs of the site. Let me just say this site has been the most helpful because it's coming from the ones who been there and done it. Once again thanks, especially Ranger RANGER513. I wish there were more people like you who keep it real.

BTW does anyone know any FISTers on here? Active or not...I get tired of searching outside the site and finding nothing but generic USAREC BS. That's partly the reason I'm a 35 series. Who knew I'd be spending most of my time briefing some full bird on shit he already knows or sitting behind a desk.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

2gensoldier90 wrote:Thank you Rangers. Your input and wisdom is greatly appreciated. I'll definately adhere to the rules and regs of the site. Let me just say this site has been the most helpful because it's coming from the ones who been there and done it. Once again thanks, especially Ranger RANGER513. I wish there were more people like you who keep it real.

BTW does anyone know any FISTers on here? Active or not...I get tired of searching outside the site and finding nothing but generic USAREC BS. That's partly the reason I'm a 35 series. Who knew I'd be spending most of my time briefing some full bird on shit he already knows or sitting behind a desk.
Quit your snivelling. You're a 35 series because you fucking signed up for it. Period.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
2gensoldier90
US Army

Post by 2gensoldier90 »

Ranger ZONEIV, I'm not at the BN level any more and yes us lower enlisted brief full birds. In my intro I stated I switched brigades after I returned from Iraq. Also with my previous experiences downrange my BC always read our briefs before we briefed him...they were posted on the BN portal wayyyy before we were standing in front of a screen.
2gensoldier90
US Army

Post by 2gensoldier90 »

Maybe it was just my old BNs SOP but that's how it went down. I was actually in S3 but in addition to monitoring the BFT I was responsible for briefing the status(personel, current and future ops, etc) of every element of our BN(we provided Multi-Functional and HUMINT Teams as well as SIGINT to manuever units across the country) as well as compile the entire BNs SITREPs(fix the numerous mistakes by the company commanders). Our 2 shop was comprised of an E-5 and two SPCs that's it. Take a guess who briefed. Now that I'm over in Cav I've been told that I WILL be briefing the Colonel. I really don't know exactly how the system works here but I'm sure it will be no different. I am not doubting what your saying sir because you've done your time. I'm just speaking on my experience. Believe me I'm not complaining because it's given me valuable experience I just rather be getting my hands dirty and that's what I thought I would be doing this early in the game. This is why I want a change of scenery.

Return to “Introduction Archive”