Introduction- Mike

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

biggerblue123
Egg

Introduction- Mike

Post by biggerblue123 »

Hello everyone My name is Mike, I live now in Minnesota, I was born and raised in New Jersey, I am 20 years old. I will be joining the Army shortly here once I lose a few more pounds. I decided I wanted to join the military around June this past summer, and when I did I weighed about 370 pounds. I since then have been constantley working out twice a day, and since june I have lost 92 pounds in that time, I now weigh in at 278.

I want to go active duty military. I originally wanted to be a cavalry scout, but I really have always wanted to be a ranger, not until a little while back did it seem like an actual attainable goal. My original goal was to become a Cav scout, go to airborne school, then maybe like a year or 2 down the road I would then I apply for a slot in ranger School. It's probably not the best way to go but if I can do it why not do it. But of course I am still thinking of going infantry if that is the route I have to take. Even though it is the best route.

Other than that my goal after the military is done is to go to college and get a master's in Exercise Science ironically enough. I have been a power-lifter and multi-sport athlete since I was a kid, but after high school I joined the work force and let myself go real bad. So my dream is to open up a athlete training center specializing in combat spots, and cross fit training. Also to get some of my inventions patented, prototyped, and marketed, and see if I have a few big hit inventions.

I want to be part of the ranger's because of the glorious history behind them as a whole, and the countless act's of bravery that many men took in the face of danger, that would make others cower down behind something and hide.
It would be great to be part of a true team, and be with people willing to take on the world head on. Nothing could compare to it, and that is what I look for and the type of people I would like to be around. If I want it go to go and get it right?

If anyone want's to talk or give advice or opinion I'm all ear's.

Have a great day everyone.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Mike

Post by Jim »

Mkie, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression, and while your weight loss is impressive, I'd like to reserve judgement. My initial impression is that you are unfocused; not sure what you really want to do. Perhaps this will be your opportunity to gain some focus in your life. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take particular pride in the number of young men who work their way through here on their life journey. Read all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. The search feature can be used to answer most of your questions. This will save you time, as most of the questions you might think of have already been answered. Please self-administer a PT test and post the results on this thread not later than midnight, sunday 28 March 2010. never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. Kudos on the weight you've dropped so far. You're a long way from where you need to be, but getting closer each day. Keep driving on.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

Welcome
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

Mike, keep up your hard work. One step at a time. It's good to have goals. Stay focused.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to serve our country is appreciated. As others have already said, your weight loss is commendable. Keep at it. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”