Battle buddy concerns

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Jim wrote:
Ranger Bill wrote:He just doesn't get it. More proof that there's always that 10%.
Absolutly. And the Chain of Command winds up spending 90% of their effort and time on that 10%. And without much results either.

Yep ....hell we have spent 3 pages
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

DirtyBlackSocks wrote:
Jim wrote:
DirtyBlackSocks wrote: Ranger Jim,

AIT has been a large change from basic training. At reception we were worked harder in an hour then we were through all of basic. Intense muscle failure PT, long runs and being smoked for an hour at a time 4 or 5 times a day.

On shipment to our actual home over here at Bravo Company we were introduced to a shark attack (basic has eliminated any shark attacks) and worked out pretty good for 4 or 5 hours. I'm told we were the last company that's going to get that treatment.

The cadre here are a hundred times more impressive and professional then Ft. Sill ever were, the intelligence of the soldiers I train with is much higher and all in all the entire feeling of motivation and dedication is a lot stronger here then it ever was in basic.

To prepare for RIP I'm eating small, healthy meals and trying to adhere to a nightly burn out schedule consisting of slow pyramid push ups with correct form, elbows tucked into the body. 1-25 then back down, although I hit my knee's at around 15 depending on how tired I am that day. Flutter kicks and mountain climbers. On weekends I work on my pull up technique (I'm 6'4" and 230 lbs. and it's definately the category I need work in) at the gym.

Unfortunately I've got stress fractures in areas that prevent me from running period right now, so I try and keep my cardio up by riding an exercise bike at brigade PT in the mornings, but it's not going to cut it.

The academic environment is FAST paced, it seems like by the time we get done with one test and start the new material there's already another test on it. Our work books must be completed before each test, and each MOD generally consists of 10 chapters. Most of my spare time is spent doing that work book rather then cracking a book to do some real studying. It's definately unlike anything I've done before. The instructors are well trained, but the civilians don't identify as well with what we're going through and aren't as understanding about us being so tired all the time in class.

Three most challenging things I've run into here are:
1. Keeping high levels of motivation while injured and keeping myself from doing PT with everyone else in order to heal.
2. Dealing with civilian instructors and paying attention in class during lectures, I learn better with hands on.
3. Taking the time to study and drive on with the mission rather then going out on the weekends to party and get laid.

Wish I could condence all that down a little more, but that's about the gist of what's going on over here.

Edit:
Another way I prepared myself for RIP was letting the cadre know that I plan on being a Ranger from day 1 in the training.
OK, DBS:
Assume the front-leaning counselling position:

1. As you move along in your journey toward becoming a Ranger, you need to recognize the importance of attention to detail and accuracy. You stated that you get smoked for an hour 4 - 5 times a day. I doubt that --because if you allow for school (assume 0800 - 1700) plus 4 - 5 for smoking by the cadre, the clock runs out too soon. Don't exaggerate.
2. There were almost 500 words in the passage. You need to practice brevity. Several misspelled words and grammer errors.
3. You need to concentrate on PT. I recognize that you are going to have to modify your efforts due to injury.
4. Learn not to whine. Thousands of soldiers have successfully completed Army training. While your experience is new to you -- it sounds pretty routine to me (and I suspect, to most of the Rangers on this site).
Now recover, and get your ass back on the exercise bike and quit complaining. You ain't seen nothing yet! Never, never quit.
\

Knocked out some cobra's and close hand push ups Ranger Jim.

I believe you misread my post, at reception we were smoked that heavily, here we hardly ever get smoked anymore. There's absolutely no time in our schedule for it, outside of a few hundred overhead arm claps with rucks on between chow.

I'm staying strict with my PT and seeing drastic results since being introduced to what real muscle failure exercises are like in reception.
Deep breath, breathe Camby....Who the fuck do you think you're talking to!!

You don't know when to STFU, you show NO respect to our Officers or NCO's, even the Sarnt Major has spoken to you and advised you, and you choose to ignore him so you can whine some more.

Basic fucking training is just that, BASIC. It's fucking tit you pussy, if you can't fucking handle that without getting your big dumb ass in a fucking sneaker and BDU profile, then complain about how hard it is, you're in for a rude fucking awakening you big dummy.

6'4, 230 pounds of pussy meat, you're big ass head would make a perfect giant fucking clit to rub sand on.
I'm only 6' 170 pounds and I would tear through you like a fucking saw. Not because I'm that bad, but because you'd quit

Jesus H. Christ Wally, I spent my first year in Batt. as a fucking leg!! I never complained like you are. My RIP was a year fucking long, run by the SPC 4 Mafia, something that you clearly would never survive, they made me what I am today, and I thank them in my head every fucking day for it, for taking the time to invest in me, BECAUSE I DIDN"T COMPLAIN OR WHINE NO MATTER HOW BAD THEY FUCKED WITH ME OR SMOKED ME.

YOU will not make it, I can smell your fear and your failure from here.

You're proving to be untrainable and a security risk with you're big suck open all the time, I can only imagine what kind of stories you're telling your friends over the phone. The unsecured phone. The bullshit. Go away.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Teufelhunde wrote:
cams wrote:YOU will not make it, I can smell your fear and your failure from here.
sniff sniff...... so that's what that smell is. I thought I stepped in camel shit....again.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Not gonna man up on this thread either, are ya? Tic-toc, tic-toc....

You haven't realized yet, that you're talking to a group who have a hair-trigger patience level, and who smell bullshit a mile away.

You're a fucking discredit to non-Infantrymen. No wonder soft-skill always get a bad rap. Fucksticks like you always opening the suck hole when your ass can't back it up. Go to fucking leg land and work in a TMC - at least there's other pussies there.

Is it fun hobbling behind the formation in tennis shoes, and yet pretending to be hard on the net, while you're really only wasting Rangers time on this forum? I've seen a hundred like you. There's no telling what stories you've told back home, or even what the real truth is. You clearly have no Integrity, and didn't learn a fucking thing is basic training.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the question in the other thread as to why your name is lying cunt. I didn't ask the question, so I'm not going to fuck with you about your disrespect in not providing a direct answer to a direct question. But I'm sure someone will...

We've all made mistakes in our life and during the course of a career. I'm no exception. Be a fucking man. Stand up and take your fucking medicine. No whining, no excuses. After you've had your ballsack drop-kicked a couple of times, you might get a clue what people are trying to tell you. After that, disappear forever. I don't want to read your drivel. I want to read posts from young men who have potential - and from the Rangers who spend their time trying to develop them. You do not fit the category. You are clearly one of the 10% who coasted their way through whatever constitutes basic training at Ft. Wherever. I can guarantee it wasn't my company. You'll always be a 10%er, outside looking in. Fuck you.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
42L5V
Ranger

Re: Battle buddy concerns

Post by 42L5V »

42L5V wrote:Not gonna man up on this thread either, are ya? Tic-toc, tic-toc....

You haven't realized yet, that you're talking to a group who have a hair-trigger patience level, and who smell bullshit a mile away.

You're a fucking discredit to non-Infantrymen. No wonder soft-skill always get a bad rap. Fucksticks like you always opening the suck hole when your ass can't back it up. Go to fucking leg land and work in a TMC - at least there's other pussies there.

Is it fun hobbling behind the formation in tennis shoes, and yet pretending to be hard on the net, while you're really only wasting Rangers time on this forum? I've seen a hundred like you. There's no telling what stories you've told back home, or even what the real truth is. You clearly have no Integrity, and didn't learn a fucking thing is basic training.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the question in the other thread as to why your name is lying cunt. I didn't ask the question, so I'm not going to fuck with you about your disrespect in not providing a direct answer to a direct question. But I'm sure someone will...

We've all made mistakes in our life and during the course of a career. I'm no exception. Be a fucking man. Stand up and take your fucking medicine. No whining, no excuses. After you've had your ballsack drop-kicked a couple of times, you might get a clue what people are trying to tell you. After that, disappear forever. I don't want to read your drivel. I want to read posts from young men who have potential - and from the Rangers who spend their time trying to develop them. You do not fit the category. You are clearly one of the 10% who coasted their way through whatever constitutes basic training at Ft. Wherever. I can guarantee it wasn't my company. You'll always be a 10%er, outside looking in. Fuck you.
Amazing that I called this almost 4 years ago. I wrote this in Bagdhad, guess that's why it sounds kinda rough.

I believe my last two words still apply.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Battle buddy concerns

Post by Jim »

Joe, I had forgotten just how much effort we had put into supporting this individual. Thanks for reminding us.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “The Mosh Pit”