Introduction - lhayes1390

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

lhayes1390
Embryo

Introduction - lhayes1390

Post by lhayes1390 »

Hello,

My name is Leo, I'm 20, and I have completed about a year and a half of college. With the rise of the current economic situation, and my family's lack of wealth, I was unable to continue my education. It took many hours and long nights of thought, but I have realized that what I really want to do with my life, more than anything else, is to be a Ranger.

I haven't started the recruitment process yet as I do not feel that I am up to the Ranger standard (or even close to it) and I will not allow anything, especially myself, to get in the way of my goals. I stumbled upon this site and believe it to be perhaps the best resource I have to assist in my efforts.

PT Assessment:
Height: 5'8"
Weight 159 lbs
Push-ups: 35
Sit-ups: 57
2 Mile: 20:34

This is the primary reason I'm here, my level of fitness is totally unacceptable, and I recognize that. Believe me when I say these numbers will be vastly improved upon, in short order (I currently don't have a job and can dedicate every waking hour to improving myself, and I intend to).

As such I humbly request any help you can give me, and I'm hopping over to the PT boards now.

-Leo

P.S. I saw your rules on avatars, but "Newts" was not one of the available galleries that I saw. The only galleries available were:
DEPs
awards
birds
boats
flags
insignia
navy
rank
tactical
If I'm missing something, please let me know. I'll choose my avatar once this is sorted out.
snafu
Ranger

Re: Introduction - lhayes1390

Post by snafu »

Welcome to the site. Now go run!
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome. You have a lot of PT between now and an option 40 contract. Never, never quit.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
lhayes1390
Embryo

Post by lhayes1390 »

Thanks Rangers, I appreciate the support and I won't let you down.

Also Ranger snafu, funny enough I just got back from doing just that, and in fact looking at my calendar it appears that the foreseeable future seems to have many similar events scheduled.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in serving our country as an Army Ranger is appreciated. You may want to begin the recruiting process soon. Several of the Future Soldiers on this site who have recently enlisted with an Option 40 do not ship until August. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
lhayes1390
Embryo

Post by lhayes1390 »

Thanks Ranger Bill, I'll get everything straight and head to the recruiter's office soon.

Return to “Introduction Archive”