Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Hitokiri
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Hitokiri »

Hello everyone
The name: Gustavo
The dream: Be the best I can be in the army aka ( Ranger)
Education: In my second year of college
Background: Young Hispanic male who has had a couple of bumps on the road but has always had serving his country as the first priority after become an adult. The only reason I went to college was to at least be able to live a little bit and prove it to myself that someone with a troubled youth and low income can make it to a great University (San Diego State University) oh may I had paid for by old uncle Sam. I hope to get as much knowledge from everyone who will give it to me. Thank you all in advance.
I will put my life on the line not for the thrill but the satisfaction of knowing my family and America can sleep at night quietly.
Nomad
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Nomad »

Welcome to the board, Gustavo.

Please read the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) of this board before you post again.

RLTW!
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome... Your past doesn't have to be an indication of what your future will be... it is up to you!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreciated. You did not indicate whether you have begun discussions with a recruiter. Have you? Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Not to be picky...but when was it you put your life on the line? Noticed it in your sig-line and was just wondering.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Not to be picky...but when was it you put your life on the line? Noticed it in your sig-line and was just wondering.
Yeah, I'm wondering too. Answer Ranger Kilted Heathen's question and then thake your respons a step further and provide your thoughts on this: Almost anyone can die for their family and country, but what does it take to kill for your family and country? And be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

I respect your dream. Welcome.
I'd rethink why you went to college though...if it's being paid for by the government, sounds to me like you're screwing someone else out of an education who really wants to be there.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
Hitokiri
Embryo

Post by Hitokiri »

To Kilted Heathen
I havent
I will put my life on the line (future tense)
If it offends any of you i will change it
To Ranger Bill
Almost anyone can die for their family and country, but what does it take to kill for your family and country? I beg to differ, I don’t believe that just anyone can willingly put themselves in danger and take their families, and countries safety into their hands, knowing the possible consequences of putting yourself in the frontline as a combat soldier. It takes a special person to truly believe in their heart that they will not stand by as other people fight for them, to take the risk of losing your life and believing it’s a small price to pay for your loved ones to be safe. As for killing the enemy, in my opinion is making sure that the ones who want to bring harm to those I love will not be able, so I see nothing wrong in doing so.
Understand that I, like most of you share one thing in common I will die before any harm comes to those I hold dear to me.
To Snafu
I worked hard to earn a spot in college if someone else didn’t make it in because of me, it was for a reason, I didn’t say I took it for granted and to this day I am currently studying hard and haven’t had any slip ups, this semester is my last I am leaving everything behind to follow my dream of becoming a ranger I have a scholarship and the government pay almost all the cost, I see serving my country as I higher priority. I could finish my education and forget the military in general and live a safe life making good money but I am joining because this has always been a dream of mine.

Sorry for not posting a response promplty, but first midterms are coming up this week and I have been studying.
I will put my life on the line not for the thrill but the satisfaction of knowing my family and America can sleep at night quietly.

Return to “Introduction Archive”