Introduction: Bonk

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction: Bonk

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome. Thank you for your desire to serve.

This forum has a lot of information that will be very useful to you in your preparations to sign an option 40 contract.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Zonk...meet Bonk....

Good intro. Good luck.
Thanks for being a good father, and thanks for your desire to serve.
Welcome here.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Late to this party... Welcome and your desire to serve our country as an Army Ranger is appreciated. Plan the work, work the plan, adjust as necessary. You got it. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
oneday_I_will
USAF Veteran

Post by oneday_I_will »

Hello Bonk...I sent you an email. I just read your into so that cleared up a few of my questions. Stick to your PT fellow roach. Remember...the PT you do shouldn't be some kind of big pimpin' muscle work out. From what I have learned about Rangers is the need to be light, quick, and strong. So what I do is I work for strength and cardio endurance. So...run, run, run, and oh, run some more. Than pull ups, pull ups, pull ups, and pull up some more. Push up, push up, push up, till you drop. Then get up and run, run, run, and run some more. I almost forgot...sit ups, sit ups, sit ups, and sit up some more. Don't let your mind tell you "no". Tell your mind to shut the F*** up, then, pick up your lungs and run some more. Eat chicken, chicken, chicken, and more chicken. And all the lettuce you can eat. Did I mention chicken??? Stay away from that delicious fattening beer, soda, and chips. THOSE ARE YOUR ENEMY. Running those stairs sounds awesome...but do not screw up your knees. From what the Rangers say...good knees equal jump school. And finally....from reading the posts by all of the Rangers here is simply this...you don't join the Rangers....you become one....BY EARNING IT EVERYDAY....RIGHT NOW. Hopefully, I can earn my tan beret too. Oneday out.
Company C/5th Battalion/19th SF Group (NQP) 2010-
309th FS Homestead AFB 90-92
79th FS Shaw AFB 92-95
65th Air Wing Lajes Fld. 95-96
78th FS Shaw AFB 96-98

"I will conquer my fears and succeed".
U.S. Special Forces Creed

Return to “Introduction Archive”