Haircut

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Red Manchu
Tadpole

Haircut

Post by Red Manchu »

Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am probabaly going to get my haircut soon, and I was thinking of getting a high and tight; for two reasons:
1.To show anyone who is interested in changing my mind about my decision that it's not gonna work, I'm dedicated to this.
2.Because I live in West Palm Beach Florida (very south), and its hot as hell here.

Now the reason I am bringing this up is that I was wondering if it would insult any of you current or former soldiers that a sixteen year old punk is wearing a haircut that they earned. I don't want to insult anyone who defended my country, and I sure don't want to get the snot beat out of my by anyone I do insult. Thanks for the time.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Who cares. The Rangers don't even wear them anymore. Sad fuckers.

I think it is a great haircut and it is great for hot weather. I would have one now but I found out that a 36 year old isn't taken seriously with one.

Ranger2
Red Manchu
Tadpole

Post by Red Manchu »

Thank you for your timely response Ranger Ranger2. I didn't think it would be a problem, but just wanted to be sure.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

You never had to earn the haircut in the first place anyone can have it. We look better with hair anyway. More covert now, no one sees the asswhipping coming.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Red Manchu
Tadpole

Post by Red Manchu »

H8 Train wrote:More covert now, no one sees the asswhipping coming.
Good point Ranger H8 Train, and thanks for the response. I don't really have to be covert selling chicken. And of right now, I don't think I could really hand out an asswhipping that someone could or couldn't see coming, but I'm workin on it.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

I'm a barber and I do high & tights all the time for non-military guys.......word of warning though, they're addictive, you'll be spending 40 bucks a month at the barbershop keeping it fresh looking. I have several customers who come in weekly for H&T's...one of 'em is an ex-marine but the rest are just doing it as a way to show support of the troops. If your gonna get one get the barber to use a straight razor on the sides...it'll stay tight for a few more days.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
Red Manchu
Tadpole

Post by Red Manchu »

Thanks for the info Gauge. My parents pay for my haircuts (benifit of being sixteen 8) ), but if I start going weekly, they'd prob. make me pay. I guess it'd be ok, I don't pay for gas yet (don't have lisence [sorry for spelling, couldn't think of right way] cause I was lazy and waited to get my permit.)
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

I used to go with a high & tight until I realized I looked retarded with it. Now its just a nice and subtle no-skin fade, or whatever they call it. short enough for hot weather, and slightly covert.
D co. 2/327
No Slack
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

No problem red....just a hint here but if you doubt your spelling copy and paste your post into Word and spell check it. Never had a H&T myself...I wear the "Ollie North" style cut....short and tapered on the sides but long enough to part and comb on top.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

They might not require us to wear it anymore but some of us old-timers still think it was an appropriate haircut to wear. BTW Plenty of guys in my neck of the woods still wear high and tights and they're not all law enforcement personnel (kinda tells ya how "conservative" we are around these parts). Somethin you big city boys wouldn't understand, lol.

My take on it is, if you think wearin a high and tight is the thing to do then by all means do it! There are worse things in life that you "could" be doin, these new age "stealth" lookin rock-n-roller Ranger cuts (if there is such a thing anymore) is gonna take some gettin used to... but not much. Because the bottomline is this............

IT AIN'T THE HAIRCUT THAT MAKES THE MAN, ITS THE SPIRIT HE'S GOT INSIDE.
Last edited by Bugsy on July 8th, 2004, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Red Manchu
Tadpole

Post by Red Manchu »

BeadleBug wrote:Because the bottomline is this............

IT AIN'T THE HAIRCUT THAT MAKES THE MAN, ITS THE SPIRIT HE'S GOT INSIDE.
Great words Ranger BeadleBug, thanks for that, I'll keep it in mind.
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

I don't want to steal this thread, but i figured this would be an adequate place to put it. I got my haircut yesterday, after 3 months. I believe it was Ranger Slowpoke who made a comment about how long my hair was, so i figured i would post a pic of my new du...

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

redmancba wrote:. I don't really have to be covert selling chicken.

That's fucking funny.

Admin: I vote for a name change here.....redmancba to "CovertChickenMan"

RSD 96-99
Who Do?
Tadpole

Post by Who Do? »

Local barbershop, 3 on top, 1 on the sides. $8 haircut and he uses the damn flowbee (clippers with vacuum attached) so that means no shower after cut. One of the advantages in living in small town Kentucky, population 150.
Ranger Bell wrote:You fellas are men, or soon to be. Act like it. Ya want something, get it. She's cute? Take her. hahahahahhaa
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Hopps wrote:I got my haircut yesterday, after 3 months....
Hopps
Keep goin' hippy. You'll need to take more off the top!
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde

Return to “The Mosh Pit”