option 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
RedHawk
Embryo

option 40

Post by RedHawk »

I know I still have alot to learn but could someone explain to me what an option 40 is and how it works?

Rick
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

search.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
RedHawk
Embryo

Post by RedHawk »

I did a search and now know what it is but still have one question. After boot camp you do your MOS training like infantry or what ever, then you go to airbourne and finally up to RIP.. If you fail RIP does that mean you go back to your infantry MOS as a normal soldier? or do they give you a job at what ever they need filled and you are qualified for?
Tay Depp
Soldier

Post by Tay Depp »

do another search. Its out there.

and address him by SFC Hit_it.

Just trying you help you out here.
Last edited by Tay Depp on July 8th, 2004, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisiplined in small things. There is only one sort of discipline - Perfect Discipline"
-General George S. Patton Jr.
Tay Depp
Soldier

Post by Tay Depp »

you prolly should pick a avatar too
"You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisiplined in small things. There is only one sort of discipline - Perfect Discipline"
-General George S. Patton Jr.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

RedHawk wrote:I did a search and now know what it is but still have one question. After boot camp you do your MOS training like infantry or what ever, then you go to airbourne and finally up to RIP.. If you fail RIP does that mean you go back to your infantry MOS as a normal soldier? or do they give you a job at what ever they need filled and you are qualified for?
i won't raise my tone here, but you are only going to get on chance.

change your avatar.

and i will answer your question, as you haven't shit yourself yet.

if you fail RIP you are put on worldwide assignment and sent wherever the Army needs you. if you are infantry, you'll be infantry there. or whatever your job is.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”