Joining the Rangers?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
kclemens
Tadpole

Re: Joining the Rangers?

Post by kclemens »

PM inbound OutlawTwoFive.
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in the whole valley."
-GEN. George S. Patton
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

OutlawTwoFive wrote:I've wanted to be a Ranger since I was 4 years old. My grandad recieved the Purple Heart, Silver Star and a Oak Leaf cluster in WWII and he used to talk to me about the Army (He was in WWII). I have tried over and over again to find answers to my questions online but I just can't find real answers. If anyone could answer my questions for me I would greatly appreciate it.

1). If you're not very good at math can you still join the Rangers?

2). Is it possible to join the Rangers if you were homeschooled?

3). A guy who said he was a ex-Navy SEAL told me the Rangers didn't do parachute jumps anymore. This isn't true is it?

Thanks for all the help!
1) ASVAB score will determine that
2) I would think yes as long as you have a diploma
3) If a SEAL said it it must be true! :roll: (Sarcasim)
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Navy SEALs just do movie consulting now. They have no combat missions anymore. Maybe your SEAL buddy didn't know that. Might need to relay.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

S- Sleep
E- Eat
A - and
L - Lie
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

The Army considers home schooling the same as having a GED, and not equivelant to a high school diploma. As such, you will need to have a certain number of college semester credit hours, which I think is 15. Call your local Army recruiter for the current requirements.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

Ranger Bill wrote:The Army considers home schooling the same as having a GED, and not equivelant to a high school diploma. As such, you will need to have a certain number of college semester credit hours, which I think is 15. Call your local Army recruiter for the current requirements.
Bill, it depends on the state, most homeschoolers recieve a State Diploma after accreditation. My kids recieved Texas High School Diplomas upon completion. Although, some states don't view Homeshcooling as accredited. Just my opinion, I could be wrong!
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I looked it up...
For Army enlistment purposes, the following educational credentials are defined as Tier 1, equivalent to a high school diploma:

(1) A diploma issued to an individual who has attended and completed a 12-year or grade day program of classroom instruction. The diploma must be issued from the school where the individual completed the program requirements.

(2) A secondary school diploma awarded on the basis of attending and completing an adult education or external diploma program, regardless of whether the diploma was issued by a secondary or postsecondary educational institution. The diploma must have been issued as a result of attendance, not issued solely on the basis of a test. Accordingly, a GED certificate is not considered equivalent for Army enlistment purposes; it is considered Tier 2.

(3) Successful completion of at least 15 semester hours (or 22 quarter hours, or 675 clock hours) of college-level credit from an educational institution that maintains accreditation in the current Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education book. Credit that is earned through testing or for the pursuit of high school completion is considered Tier 2.

(4) Home School Diplomas are Tier 1, provided transcriptsaccompany them and they are certified by the State Education Department or the local school district.

(5) GED certificates earned through the National Guard Youth Challenge Program (NGYCP), or accredited state Job Corps Centers, are considered Tier 1 if accompanied by the NGYCP certificate or Job Corps Center completion certificate.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Recruitment Process”