List of memorable/classic ArmyRanger.com sayings

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: List of memorable/classic ArmyRanger.com sayings

Post by rgrpuck »

Weird thing about old fuckers. The pretend to not see anything, they act like they dont care but someone shows a leg and they have a radar that could track a pubic hair being blown across the artic tundra.

Atributed to the Pastor.....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Another one by the Pastor

"Blue heads look at me like I had my dick out and was stirring the punch with it.
Im back now...I'm not leaving Texas for awhile."
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

and yet another from Ranger Rock Island, our beloved "Pastor":

"Guess we are some twisted but the truth is....I have no use for nor trust in normal people. They dont fight for shit nor stand for anything."
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

what occurs between RIP and Ranger School.
rgrpuck wrote:A Ranger Bn where they will trained more ....they well be hardend more ...they will be deployed to combat. and they will do their job as Rangers. One day their team leader and squad leader will say that they have a slot to go to school then they will get a tab.

But as long as they wear the scroll they are Rangers ....It is painfull, dificult and fraught with danger and pitfalls. He if he doesnt quit and he doesnt get DX'ed he will look around and realize that in a year that only a hanful of people remian from his RIP class.

RIP only insures that you might have the mettel to make it in a BN. Only the man can wake up everyday, look in the mirror, and decide he will not quit today.....and he will continue to be the best.
concure
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

KW Driver wrote:
what occurs between RIP and Ranger School.
rgrpuck wrote:A Ranger Bn where they will trained more ....they well be hardend more ...they will be deployed to combat. and they will do their job as Rangers. One day their team leader and squad leader will say that they have a slot to go to school then they will get a tab.

But as long as they wear the scroll they are Rangers ....It is painfull, dificult and fraught with danger and pitfalls. He if he doesnt quit and he doesnt get DX'ed he will look around and realize that in a year that only a hanful of people remian from his RIP class.

RIP only insures that you might have the mettel to make it in a BN. Only the man can wake up everyday, look in the mirror, and decide he will not quit today.....and he will continue to be the best.
concure
Awesome post.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

"I could just stick a fork in my eye half the time and have it be more productive."

One of the best summations I've seen lately, thanks to the Holmchicken.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Hell it is Holmchicken...it probably would work.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Bump.....

Oh this was a good one I recently read posted by Ranger Lunch in "introduction- parent of Ranger" thread

If I may quote Ranger Lunch
".....Talking and asking about things is far better than drawing your own conclusions."

Ain't that the truth :!: Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
CivRob
Embryo

Post by CivRob »

Can't remember whether this one has been quoted in this thread, but it's one of Ranger Bill's that has stuck with me so much that I have it inked on my right forearm:

From his perspective: "You can, you will, you must."

It's so profound beyond the face value; Obviously the "You can" and "You will" parts are quite straightforward, but the "You must" segment speaks volumes. Two simple words embody the Ranger Ethos in my mind. Never give up, never quit. Easily one of my favorite sayings.
"If you have a strong enough WHY, you can withstand any HOW." - Unknown

Current PT: 40 pushups / 52 situps / 9 pullups / run pending
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

CivRob wrote:Can't remember whether this one has been quoted in this thread, but it's one of Ranger Bill's that has stuck with me so much that I have it inked on my right forearm:
From his perspective: "You can, you will, you must."

It's so profound beyond the face value; Obviously the "You can" and "You will" parts are quite straightforward, but the "You must" segment speaks volumes. Two simple words embody the Ranger Ethos in my mind. Never give up, never quit. Easily one of my favorite sayings.
Kiiiinda creepy. Bill, make sure you lock your doors at night.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

"For such a self-described smart guy, you certainly have exceeded your quota of stupid statements in a single thread."
-Zone IV

That, my friend...was precious. 8) :lol: :lol:
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

two in a row...but what the hell...

Holmchicken wrote in part:
This 17-year old kid walked into the L-Shape