Bust my ass and prove myself

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

toughkid
Infantryman

Bust my ass and prove myself

Post by toughkid »

Hello Rangers. I'm keeping my word by updating those Rangers who have given me helpful information during my recruitment process. I was recently very discouraged upon discovering that option 40 was out of my reach due to a moral waiver that I did not know I would need. But being a Ranger is still my dream. On Tuesday, May 5th I signed my 11x contract and leave for Ft. Benning in early August. Its my understanding that if I bust my ass and do my best in training that there is a small possibility that I can volunteer for Jump School then later volunteer for RIP. I know very few are able to get their shot at becoming a Ranger by traveling this route, but it is my only option and I'm doing whatever it takes to better my odds at becoming a Ranger. It is a major disappointment not having option 40, but I'm still standing and it only makes me want to be a Ranger more. I will continue to post updates along my journey. Thank you to all the Rangers who have helped guide young men like me toward achieving our goals.
toughkid
Infantryman

Re: Bust my ass and prove myself

Post by toughkid »

I asked for it, but it wasn't available.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

toughkid wrote:I asked for it, but it wasn't available.
Forgot your manners?

Push-ups.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations for enlisting. You could have held out for the Option 4. You should have told the recruiter to call you when he could get an Airborne slot. I bet you would have got the call in a day or two. But that's all water over the dam now. You go in and bust your ass being the the best soldier you can be. You can still make it, but you're going to have to work twice as hard to get their. Good luck to you, with luck meaning preparedness meeting opportunity. It's up to you to prepare and it's also up to you to get the opportunity. Never quit and stand tall.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

I joined the Army as an 11x, because I was prior service USMC, I attained all those things you want. Take what you have and run with it, crush all that get in the way. Do not lose the drive and learn from the mistake you have already made. You can do it, never quit.

that is all................

keep us posted
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I took a similar route and made my own opportunity's. Back in my day there was no site like this to help the young and ignorant.

It can be done, but you have to want it and show the Cadre that you'll sacrifice everything for one shot at it.

Eat the pain and don't take no for an aswer, respectfully of course.

When the others with you go on weekend pass to drink, fight and fuck, stay in the barracks and do PT, every chance you get. Plenty of time for the other shit later on. This is critical. Do not get in fights and do not get in trouble over girls or alcohol.

Study and memorize the Ranger Creed, don't just read it, UNDERSTAND it. Research and be a constant leader and set the example for your peers. Help square your buddies away too, everyfuckingday during OSUT.

Don't be an apple polisher or a fucking weirdo about it, just be squared the fuck away, night and day, in every task that's presented to you.

You CAN do this. Just the short amount of time I spent in Batt compared to some of the Rangers on this site, has changed my life forever.

If you don't get a shot for some reason, you'll still be squared the fuck away and starting your military service commitment the absolute right way.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
toughkid
Infantryman

Post by toughkid »

Hello Rangers, It's been a while since my last post. Yesterday I completed OSUT. During my time on sand hill I achieved a 300 on my apft. I was the only 1 in my platoon and when asked by my SDS what I felt I deserved for my small accomplishment, I told him I want Ranger school. He was expecting to hear an answer like, "more time in the chow hall," or "my cell phone". He looked at me and realized I meant it and simply said, "Ok joe." He made it clear to me that he was more than confident that I would do whatever's necessary to reach my goal, and did what he could in trying to see if there were any RIP openings this upcoming cycle. Unfortunately for me, there werent any openings this cycle, but my DS reassured me that with my drive and motivation I should have no trouble getting a shot at Pre Ranger once i get to my unit. He suggested I go to the patches building by the jump towers to speak with the 75th Rec but had no luck there. I filled out a small application and slid it under the door. I've got a little while before I have to report to my duty station, in the meantime if anyone could let me know if Im on the right track or if not then point me in the right direction. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thank you Rangers.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I'd camp out at the 75th recruiter's door.

Congrats on passing the first hurdle among many.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Walk over to B Co 3/75 and ask to talk to the 1SG.

No, I'm not kidding
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

If you take Bravo57's advice (and you should, if you are serious), heed what Zone IV wrote. If anyone could make it happen, that 1SG who Bravo57 recommended could. BUT, you'll have to have your shit wired tight. You need to be better than squared away, you need to have all your ducks in a row, be standing tall, uniform looking perfect, groomed perfect, and know what you're talking about. If you look or talk like an idiot, that's what you'll be in his eyes.

You're going after this the right way, just keep driving on until you accomplish it. Be professional, be motivated (but not in a corny way), be serious, and let him see the desire for that Tan Beret in your eyes.

Good luck, and thanks for the report!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

O.K. toughkid. I talked with the B Co 1SG today. He is expecting you. Go get your shit.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Toughkid, a couple of men who matter in our corner of the world have now gone out on a limb for you. Bravo57 did you a very rare favor.
Follow up on it or just don't come back here.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Introduction Archive”