Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

mountaingoat
Paratrooper

Re: Introduction

Post by mountaingoat »

Thank you Ranger513 and EarthPig. If that is true than it is well worth the research. Another angle that i was wondering about is ROP later with a tab already. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
11B
ABN Schl Jan 07
B Trp 38 CAV (LRS) (ABN) 2 May 07-- 10 Feb 2010
Iraq Aug 08-- Aug 09
82nd 10 Feb 2010--- ?
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome to the site.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
Dirty175
Ranger

Post by Dirty175 »

mountaingoat wrote:Thank you Ranger513 and EarthPig. If that is true than it is well worth the research. Another angle that i was wondering about is ROP later with a tab already. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Stop trying to find a way to get to the Ranger Regiment as an NCO with a tab and stop looking for an "angle". If your sole intention is to become Ranger qualified then download a 4187 and submit it through the proper channels. If you want to live the life go to the HRC website and contact the Ranger Regiment's enlisted rep. This should be easy for you since you have a 127 GT Score. Oh yeah, and welcome to site. Big Boy Rules are in effect.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
CavCSM001
Ranger

Post by CavCSM001 »

Welcome.
If you are coming to Bragg in Feb. and are as serious as you say you are, send me a pm. We are still building our teams and looking for the "willing and able".
RS: Class 11-00
RangerTee
Ranger

Post by RangerTee »

Rule Number One:
There are no excuses.

Rule Number Two:
There are no f'in rules .

I have never yet seen a rule that cannot be waived for the right candidate with the right attitude and abilities. I know that the Army is different these days than when all of us FOG's were wearing stripes with zippers, but mistakes that someone makes when they are 17 or 18 do not have to define their entire lives or careers. Believe me.

Having the Team Sergeant tell you that "Your rucksack is in the hall" can either let you defeat yourself, or drive you to prove that their estimate of your abilities was based upon incomplete information which has been rectified over time.
K.Ingraham wrote: <snip>
Sometimes having a monkey on your back can drive you on to even greater things.
<snip>
I would venture to say that a high percentage of us FOG's here made a mistake or two (or three) at one point or another when we were younger (not that I ever made any myself - or that any of my troops ever made any...:roll: )... BUT I would rather have a trooper who has made mistakes and learned from them than one who has never seemed to make one (or taken any risks)...

Believe that I just saw a reply from a Cav CSM that you should seriously consider. If you were to be successful in hooking up with him and performed as your posts seem to indicate you are capable of, I believe that there would certainly a Battalion or Regimental CSM willing to look at you as a candidate for the Regiment in the future, should you decide that is what you still wanted to do (but, then again, never saw an obstacle I didn't want to overcome... just me). You've been in long enough to know that what one CSM says to another in the future carries more weight than anything else.
Reiver wrote: Still young, can achieve what you TRULY Apply yourself towards.

Do NOT self select. The system will/can do that for you. Everyone's biggest obstacle exists between their own ears.

Corny line from Movie Trailer, I know; "Everyman dies, not everyman truly lives".

Live, Lad.

OUT
I say again... As Kevin and Reiver indicated (two fellow morons I have a lot of respect for)... Do NOT self-select. If anyone could predict the future, they wouldn't be rolling around in the dirt with the rest of us. Congrats for returning from your combat tour in one piece, and good luck with your plans, trooper. Drive on...

T Out
"War is an extension of politics by other means" - Carl Phillip Gottfried von Clausewitz - "On War"

http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.D. for VII Corps LRRP, C/58 LRP, B/75 RGR for 75th Ranger.Regt.Assn.

Class 2-73
B/75: 72-74
Co.B,1st Ranger Bn.: 74-75
Div.Pathfinders-T.L.,101st Abn.
75thRRA.L.M.#1820
D.A.V. Life Member (75-current)
VLuplow
Sister

Post by VLuplow »

Welcome to the site....PM inbound
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal." ~Mason Albert Pike

Return to “Introduction Archive”