New PT Scores

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
bostonian23
Embryo

New PT Scores

Post by bostonian23 »

Rangers,
Since posting my Intro I have been working on my PT scores 6 days a week. I conducted a self-administered PT test yesterday(push-ups and sit-ups), and today with a 2 mile run. Scores are getting better, thanks to Ranger Silverback's killer sprint workout, this helped immensely with my running which was always a struggle. Also Ranger Silverback's push-up routine has been extremely helpful. Will update again in a another month. Still plenty of room for improvement feels good to be getting results. Thank You Rangers

- Ryan
OLD
PT Score 2mins
Push Up:54
Sit Up:65
2 mile Run: 14.24
NEW
PT Score 2mins
Push Up: 64
Sit Up: 76
2 mile Run: 12.42
I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. ~Thomas Jefferson
Rangerguru
Ranger

Re: New PT Scores

Post by Rangerguru »

Good improvements. Next time you do it, do it all the same day with a 20 minutes break between events.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
bostonian23
Embryo

Post by bostonian23 »

Roger, Rangerguru
I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. ~Thomas Jefferson
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good progress! Keep working. Good rule of thumb: At least a dozen of your pushups won't count when you are tested at RIP, so pad it by being able to do millions.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

EarthPig wrote:Good progress! Keep working. Good rule of thumb: At least a dozen of your pushups won't count when you are tested at RIP, so pad it by being able to do millions.

RLTW
EP
"forty-eight, forty-eight, forty-eight, forty-eight..."

Being fit before hand will minimize their ability to screw with your head. Keep up the good work.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

JohnDowland wrote:"forty-eight, forty-eight, forty-eight, forty-eight..."

Being fit before hand will minimize their ability to screw with your head. Keep up the good work.

NICE... TRUE...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
bostonian23
Embryo

Post by bostonian23 »

Roger, Ranger EarthPig. Roger Ranger JohnDowland
bostonian23
Embryo

Post by bostonian23 »

Rangers,

Quick Sitrep from the past few months. I am going to start the recruiting process over Spring Break in the hopes of getting a ship date anytime after May of 2012. Ran into a few obstacles with Credits being a transfer at school, taking summer classes to get everything squared away so graduation can stay on track for May 2012. Over winter I have been doing mainly core exercises with squats, bench press and dead lifts along with other lifts. It is starting to get warmer out now and the snow is beginning to melt, so I have picked up some kettle bells, and medicine balls and I am going to start the Daily Workout of The Day thread in the coming months, once all the snow is gone for good.
I conducted a self-administered PT Test this morning.

2 Min Test
Push Up: 72
Sit Up: 80
2 Mile : 13:52

The 2 mile run time has suffered over winter, and there is still plenty of room for improvement on every aspect of my PT, going to work to get it where it needs to be. Thank you Rangers for the great site.

-Ryan

Return to “About Army Physical Training”