Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

chuck976
Tadpole

Re: Introduction

Post by chuck976 »

I will read and head Ranger JLTW!!!. I know it takes much more than just being physically fit to become a Ranger. Even if you don't believe me, I know that I have the mental toughness and disciple to accomplish my goal.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

DEP: Shipdate 20100727

Ranger Bill's mentee
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

JLTW!!! wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:I literally told an Army Chaplain he would now never get to Heaven because he quit (LOM) PRC. I then told the rest of the class to remember that although God will forgive, I fucking won't. I mention this in case you have misconception that I give a rusty fuck about your own lengthy diatribe on this subject.

You should stay in school and play with the girls.

Crossley?
Yep.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
chuck976
Tadpole

Post by chuck976 »

Dafid Ranger, right after my psych class I went home to have dinner with my parents and talk to them about my decisions. I have always talked about joining and they were both shocked that I am actually doing it, and not going back to college after this year. They said I have to do what I have to do, and are very proud, but very scared since we are at war. After I got back I had to do lots of studying and will get the PT up tomorrow.

Ranger Bill's mentee
chuck976
Tadpole

Post by chuck976 »

Push-ups: 48
Sit-ups: 51
Pull-ups: 5
2-mile: 14:54

Rangers I'm currently working on a PT plan that I will stick to so that I can improve all of my scores. My goals are 80 for push-ups and sit-ups, -12:00 2-mile, and 20 pull-ups.

Ranger Bill's mentee
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

If you do enlist and get a ship date in January, you have some serious PT to do to reach your goals. As for pull-ups, do them the Army way with your plams facing you - what most civilians call chin-ups and use perfect form: go all the way down extending your arms straight. The same with sit-ups and push-ups - use perfect form. By now you should be getting a feel for how this site operates. Stop making excuses, offering explanations and reasons why. Just get it done. Do not reply to a post unless you are responding to a question or completing a task, like you did in the post above with your PT results, but you should have addressed that post to the Ranger(s) who asked you to perform the PT test. Notice that I have not asked a question or given you a task, so there is no need to reply to this post.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Trigger
Tadpole

Post by Trigger »

Chuck,

As it appears you are still in school, I would recommend that you join ROTC as a non-contracted cadet regardless of what your plan to enlist currently is. I know you want to enlist at this point, but at least take advantage of what ROTC has to offer training wise. You're already in college and you have nothing to lose. The time commitment for an MS1 (which would be you) cadet is minimal, 5-8 hours a week depending on the program. That's including PT, labs, and your military science class.

What you'll get out of ROTC, training wise:

- Technical training: Drill and ceremony, land navigation, customs and courtesies, rank structure and proper use of the chain of command, and proper wear of the uniform.

- Tactical training: IMT (individual movement tactics), BRM (basic rifle marksmanship), squad tactics, and battle drills.

- Physical training: Two to three times a week (more if you elect to try out for Ranger Challenge - which I would highly recommend) for an hour at a time. The biggest thing is that it's a commitment - it's going to make you PT those days. For you, it's all about having battle buddies to hold you accountable and make sure you're PT'ing. In addition, you'll learn proper form, running in step/formation, cadences, etc.

- Leadership training: The whole program is designed to produce capable, confident leaders. You'll also learn and adjust to the Army way of doing things - something that the Rangers here have spent considerable time on just in this thread.

As a non-contracted cadet you can leave the program at any time. If you spend the rest of this semester and next semester in ROTC as you're going through the process of enlisting, you'll be much more squared away come time for OSUT, Airborne, and RIP (should you get that 11X OPT40 contract).

You shouldn't leave school halfway through a semester anyways - finish it out and earn the units that you've paid for. Like I said, you having nothing to lose.

If you have any questions about ROTC, feel free to ask me anytime. I'm not trying to convince you into going the ROTC/Officer route, I'm just letting you know that there are good training opportunities available to you right now.
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

This is pretty annoying.
See, unlike you the day I turned 17 I went to my recruiter and was flat out with my desire.
You on the other hand wanted to go play around in college then when your good and ready you want to go in and hell you couldn't even do that.
The best part is that you just walk in and get a contract with option 40 where I did not.
But am I worried? No. Unlike your kind I am fully dedicated to accomplishing this goal and it will show.

Something tells me you'll be one of those who they ask,"are you sure you want to do it", and you'll reply,"no".
Or, they'll see you just want to be a Ranger without the hardship and you'll get washed out.

If I over stepped a boundary I'm sorry. I'm just pissed I have to compete against people like this.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Since when the fuck did cadets and deps give advice here?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “Introduction Archive”