introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Fumbles
Future Soldier

introduction

Post by Fumbles »

Hello I'm Joseph, and I have recently signed my contract with the army. The contract is a 6 year stint in 11 series, and my hope is to get Airborne and R.I.P offered to me at O.U.S.T at Benning because all slot for both option 4 and 40 is taken up in every M.O.S til' mid next year. I ship January 12, 2010 and I want to get as much information on the process as posible to increase my chance of seccess. Other then that I'm a rather athletic 17 year old with a good A.S.V.A.B score (if that means anything because I question my own intelliegece for not picking a cumfy job with a big bounus). My only two goals in the army is to be good at every facet of my job, and to be scrolled and tabed or die trying (now that everyone on the internet can find out my goal I don't want to be a failure, and I don't want to live with the brand of a failure).

I woud just like to thank everyone on the site, and the site creator for making a place where the knowledgeable can help the ignorant on this hard path to being a Ranger.
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Re: introduction

Post by Fumbles »

I was just looking at some other intros and see my could use more detail.
As far as my A.S.V.A.B score goes I have an 88 on the AFQT, and I think my C.O is between 125 and 130.
Other educational considerations is I graduated high school early after failing my 10th grade year in a self paced programme in under 4 months, and I am curently studing for several clep test for college credits.
My P.T score is a maxed 300, and that's with some guys in the Army at my gym grading me, and I complete the 5 mile run in under 35 mins at tops.
I have run several half-marathons including one barefoot that I place second in. I was preping for the Marine Corps Marathon but decided to not do it so I could focus on my whole body being prepared to the highest degree for the Army.
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

19920123 wrote: now that everyone on the internet can find out my goal I don't want to be a failure, and I don't want to live with the brand of a failure).
Also I would like to point out that's not my only reason for not wanting to fail it's just another insentive.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

One word, wildman: PERSEC !!!

If you don't know what that means, find out ! RIGHT NOW !!!

Someone will be along shortly to square your messed up threads away. :roll:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

Ranger513, where did I give up to much personal info so I don't do it again?
BoxOGridsquares
Paratrooper

Post by BoxOGridsquares »

Giving out your full name, etc. This is posted in a public area of the website. I'm in Iraq and I can access it, so you can bet Hajj can too.
11b2p
A/co 2-505 82nd 08-10
OIF 08-09 Sadr City, Baghdad
18th ABC PSD 10-12
OND 11-12
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

In that case I must inform you that's not my real name it's....... James..... Yeah! James!
BoxOGridsquares
Paratrooper

Post by BoxOGridsquares »

PERSEC isn't a joke. Congrats on enlisting into the Infantry.
11b2p
A/co 2-505 82nd 08-10
OIF 08-09 Sadr City, Baghdad
18th ABC PSD 10-12
OND 11-12
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood; I never really thought that my name could be a big deal, but I guess it could be.
Thanks, but I haven't really done anything yet other then stand around in my underwear and sign a paper. You on the other hand should be thanked for you service in Iraq.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BoxOGridsquares wrote:PERSEC isn't a joke. Congrats on enlisting into the Infantry.

OK, Stay in your lane and allow a Ranger to fix this!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

If " 19920123 " is your birth date........AND you used your first and last name on here.......expect a few credit cards to be opened on behalf of yourself.................if they haven't already been opened !

HOLY SHIT, kid. Have you been MORE than one block away from your momma before ?????????

And don't try to lighten up the mood, wildman. Your job is to shut up, read, and learn.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Why did you not enlist with an Option 40 contract?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Fumbles
Future Soldier

Post by Fumbles »

They said there was no slots, so I asked to see it on a computer, they did with no result. Then I asked for them to call ft. Benning, again they did, but still no luck. My real goal was just to get in asap instead of sitting around waiting, where I live it's real easy to
get stuck and never leave. If it's meant to be it will happen, I'm more then confident in my abilities.

Return to “Introduction Archive”