Afghan Aug10th. packing list?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

abnhawk
Ranger

Re: Afghan Aug10th. packing list?

Post by abnhawk »

I'm in the area you're coming to. The 501st troops seem to be kitted out pretty well from what I've seen from their RFI issue. I'd check with your chain of command to see what you're allowed besides army issue before going too overboard with gear purchases.

If you're not a fan of army slings, then a good sling is probably a pretty safe purchase as long as you stick to normal army colors. The same holds true with M4 mags. Pmags are pretty popular here. Good quality socks are a good idea if your MOS is going to have you on the ground much. I'd recommend a good knife as well if you don't already have one. The weather is pretty hot here right now, so no need for immediate snivel gear concerns. I've got a Garmin foretrex GPS that I like alot, and would recommend to anyone over here.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

SCShooter1983 wrote:Its been a while Rangers since i got on here. Im not a Ranger because they dropped my contract cause they said on my drug part of meps i said did coke before and couldnt obtain a secret clearance. So im up at Fort Richardson with the 1st and 501st. Ive been doing train-up IRT class. (OPSEC VIOLATION - deleted by Admin). I was wondering if you Rangers have any packing idea. Nothing in the area of personal items like laptop and such. Im looking for a good idea of items for my combat load and to add to my kit. Thanks Rangers.

And your reason for posting this in the Board Support area is .............................. ?????????????????????
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Boots! Make sure the boots work! lots of socks and t-shirts that are soft in case you have to wipe your butt with them.....bwahaha..."Ranger what happened to the bottom of your t-shirt?"
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

SCShooter1983 wrote:Its been a while Rangers since i got on here. Im not a Ranger because they dropped my contract cause they said on my drug part of meps i said did coke before and couldnt obtain a secret clearance. So im up at Fort Richardson with the 1st and 501st. Ive been doing train-up IRT class. (OPSEC VIOLATION - deleted by Admin) I was wondering if you Rangers have any packing idea. Nothing in the area of personal items like laptop and such. Im looking for a good idea of items for my combat load and to add to my kit. Thanks Rangers.
WTF? 1st and 501st? wow, you would figure his Chain of Command would have a packing list? I am not saying, I am just saying. I don't read giberish as well as I use to?
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”