Prior Service Option 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
colin1
USAF

Prior Service Option 40

Post by colin1 »

Hello Rangers, sorry for starting a thread about a similar topic. I was just wondering if anything has changed recently regarding prior service members being able to get an option 40 on their contract? I have read the posts telling everyone to stick to their guns which is great advice but I was just curious if there has been any changes to the regs? I separate from the Air Force next spring and want to join the Army as a 68W with an option 40. Is the Army more likely to be lienent with certain MOS's and prior service members joining? I wrote an earlier post asking a similar question about common MOS's being selected with an option 40 and was told: infantry, FO and medic were three that will always be available. Does this have any sort predence with me being prior service? Thank you very much in advance.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Prior Service Option 40

Post by Silverback »

colin1 wrote:Hello Rangers, sorry for starting a thread about a similar topic. I was just wondering if anything has changed recently regarding prior service members being able to get an option 40 on their contract? I have read the posts telling everyone to stick to their guns which is great advice but I was just curious if there has been any changes to the regs? I separate from the Air Force next spring and want to join the Army as a 68W with an option 40. Is the Army more likely to be lienent with certain MOS's and prior service members joining? I wrote an earlier post asking a similar question about common MOS's being selected with an option 40 and was told: infantry, FO and medic were three that will always be available. Does this have any sort predence with me being prior service? Thank you very much in advance.
The problem I see with your situation is, if the Army is growing another 22,000 then recruiters and the rules they follow are going to be steering everyone they can toward the big Army which would reduce the number of "exceptions to policy" being approved.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Recruitment Process”