Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Praetorian
Future Soldier

Daily workout post

Post by Praetorian »

I will be posting a few different items over the next few months in preperation for the Army here in this post. Recording my workouts and self administered PT tests will help me to track my progress and assist any willing Rangers to help me improve on my abilitys as to score well beyond the requirements for the Army and RIP. I am also willing and hoping to recieve challenges and other forms of motivation from Rangers of this site.

Any helpful information regarding workouts, diet, etc is greatly appreciated as you Rangers have accomplished and do accomplish my dreams everyday. I have yet to record my rucking times, I had a slight delay in recieving my pack but hopefully it will be here this weekend so I can start improving on my times. All scores are based on the charts located at http://www.army.com/enlist/APFT.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

July 5th 2009
Self administered PT test

Results:
2mile run - 13minutes 21 seconds (94 points)
Pushups (2min) - 71 (100 points)
Situps (2min) - 74 (94 points)
Pullups - 12
total score: 288

Workout July 6th 2009 - 15:30

Swimming - two 600 meter constant swim, freestyle/breastroke/combat swim (100meters) used.
1hour rest
Running - 2miles completed in 13minutes 22 seconds

July 7th 2009
Self administered PT test at 14:30

Results:
1.5 mile time - 9minutes 31sec
Pushups (2min) - 71 (max for 100)
Situps (2min) - 78 (max for 100)
500 meter swimming time - 8minutes 30sec (two 700 meter swims but only timed the 500, I will be timing my 1,000 meter swim here soon)

18:00 - Cardio exercise, 1,000's completed in 28minutes (100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 burpees, 100 flutter kicks, 100 hill climbers, 100 jab/crosses, 100 rear/front kicks, 100 push kicks, 100 knees, 100 wall balls)

18:30-19:00 - Rest

19:00-20:00 - BJJ technique and 15minutes live rolling, target heart rate reached.

Today I will be swimming (two 800 meter swims, 1min rest inbetween) and performing a self administered PT test (2mile, pushups, situps, pullups). My feet are pretty torn up but I think this is a great time to perform a PT test as my feet and body will not be fully rested and ready to go at all times. I also have a pair of boots which I am in the process of breaking in, at this point all 2mile runs are done with running shoes and not boots. Any runs/rucking/swimming that is done in BDU's and boots will be listed as such.

Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to any challenges, suggestions,etc from the Rangers on these boards.
Praetorian
Future Soldier

Re: Daily workout post

Post by Praetorian »

July 8th 2009 workout - 17:00

Swimming - 1600 meters broken into two 800 meter swims

Self administered PT test - 18:00

Results:

2mile run - 13minutes 18seconds
Pushups (2min) - 80
Situps (2min) - 77
Pullups - 12
25 meter underwater swim - complete (8 strokes, I have to work on my form a lot)

I seem to be hitting a wall with cardio in general, by wall I mean I am reaching the higher heart rate, breathing heavier, muscle fatigue much much sooner than I should be and it's lowering my times. I plan on taking friday evening off to play airsoft and rest.
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Don't run in boots, you're asking for hurt locker time if you do, boots are for rucking and hiking, not running.

Don't a serious roadmarch/ruck more than once a week. You'll destroy your body. You can do some ruck type workouts in between that are posted daily on militaryathlete.com. Those are the workouts that I'm currently using in the daily work out post.

Your PT results look decent, but need to improve. Read a lot, post little. Airsoft is not only poser, but gay.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Praetorian
Future Soldier

Post by Praetorian »

Ndog275 wrote:Don't run in boots, you're asking for hurt locker time if you do, boots are for rucking and hiking, not running.

Don't a serious roadmarch/ruck more than once a week. You'll destroy your body. You can do some ruck type workouts in between that are posted daily on militaryathlete.com. Those are the workouts that I'm currently using in the daily work out post.

Your PT results look decent, but need to improve. Read a lot, post little. Airsoft is not only poser, but gay.
Ranger Ndog275,

I will have to disagree with airsoft being "gay", I find it very entertaining but It does deserve the "poser" status. Thanks for the link and I will check out the workouts for rucking as it's going to be the weakest point in my preperation. But on the bright side I do have roughly 4months to prepare.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Praetorian wrote: I will have to disagree with airsoft being "gay", I find it very entertaining but It does deserve the "poser" status
The one thing you need to understand is that the men on this site for the most part have played "Leadsoft". So yes, Airsoft is gay and nobody really cares about your feelings on the topic.

Stick with the "read more, post less" mentality and you'll go places. It's amazing how well the "listen more, talk less" concept works in the Army when you're a joe.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Praetorian wrote:I will have to disagree with airsoft being "gay", I find it very entertaining but It does deserve the "poser" status.
If Ranger Ndog275 makes a comment, it deserves to be taken seriously. I would. As to airsoft being or not being gay -- please reconsider it after you have a deployment under your belt.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Praetorian
Future Soldier

Post by Praetorian »

Ranger Jim,

I take any information, comments, challenges, etc that any Rangers on thes boards provide seriously. I was simply just responding to Ranger Ndog275's comment, I was not trying to show any disrespect towards Ranger Ndog275.

Another development has come through for my training as well, I was given a website/number/email for a program called "seal fit". From what I was told it is a 48hour program which simulates a part of "hell week", while I am aiming to be apart of the elite family of Rangers I think this course may be a good training option for me to partake in to improve my PT scores and to really see what muscle failure, sleep deperivation etc is like outside of my own setting.

Today's PT I will be performing two 800 meter swims, 2mile run, 3 sets (50/40/30) of pushups and 3 sets for situps.
Praetorian
Future Soldier

Post by Praetorian »

July 10th 2009

Decided to take a small swim today instead of taking off after work, will only be performing an 800 meter swim and pushup/situp work as well.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

What fucking part of "read more and post less" did you not fucking understand?

Ranger Ndog275 does not need you to validate your differing point of view...he's BTDT.

Ranger Jim did not play fucking Airsoft in Vietnam and yet you feel the need to validate your position once again.

Ranger Nomad has already opened a thread for daily workouts that has proven to get positive results. It has in fact been recently used by personnel from this board to such stirring effect that several spanking new paratroopers are now on a bus this very morning to Ft Bragg to negotiate SF selection one of whom showed late to the SF liason for his APFT due to being given the wrong info and the liason said " Fuck it I'll test you out but you get no rest between events, you're playing catch up. So what's it gonna be?" No rest period and a swollen knee from his last jump and still maxed the fucking test. Why? He followed Nomads fitness program religiously.

And yet you have arrogantly decided to open YOUR OWN daily workout program thread and have the fucking balls to critique the responses from proven men.

This changes right fucking now. If you'll take time to read instead of posting you might notice that we tend to have some modest success mentoring young men to their near-range goals that most young men just fucking read about in books. I suggest you participate in Ranger Nomads workout thread that has proven results instead of posting your SEAL fit (which if you ever post that here again you will capitalize)
and sleep deprivation bullshit.

In the mean-time...

Shut the fuck up.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “About Army Physical Training”