Intro - Mateusz

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Go_Placidly
Embryo

Re: Intro - Mateusz

Post by Go_Placidly »

Reverend Mother Ardent Lady,
Thank you for the welcome - I have found that in the past few months, I finally understand what people meant when they said they went through a "phase." When I was 'in it,' I never thought mine would end, until I realized that it was up to me to end it. I'm glad I did too :)

Cadet Rabbit,
Thanks for the PM, that was indeed helpful.

Rangers,
Your support and encouragement so far has been great -it has kept me researching the options. On Saturday, after talking with a friend who has been in the army for (I think) almost four years now (a medic), he opened my eyes to the possibility of being a combat engineer, but becoming an officer first. I had already known I had the officer route option open, but being an Engineering Officer intrigued me. (I also immediately thought of Tadeusz Kościuszko, the polish military engineer who served during the American Revolution). Starting my military career at this level, I feel I would be better utilizing my assets, and distinguishing myself immediately. I also would have the option to attend various military schools, including Airborne and Ranger school. (the other schools are also very interesting).

It is my hope that, should anything go wrong in training, I will have a good foundation to fall back on, but if it doesn't, I have no where to go but up... Would it be possible that if I continued to distinguish myself, I could still somehow end up in a SF or Ranger unit, as the Engineer? Thanks again, Rangers.
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''”
M.Ali

Still round the corner, there may wait,
A secret road, or a hidden gate,
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day shall come at last when I,
Will take the hidden paths that run,
West of the moon, East of the sun!
JRR T
Go_Placidly
Embryo

Post by Go_Placidly »

Rangers, my PT results:

2 minute pushups - 48 (with rests in the proper position allowed)
2 minute pullups - 10 (did them in like 40 seconds but couldn't do more, even after hanging for half a minute rest)
2 minute sit-ups - 72
2 mile-run - incomplete, i need to take time to measure a 1 mile distance (so i can run there and back and time it)
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''”
M.Ali

JRR T
Go_Placidly
Embryo

Post by Go_Placidly »

Rangers, please forgive the double (or at this point triple) post, but since I cannot edit, I just wanted to add my height/weight spec's:

6', ~150lbs
M.Ali

JRR T
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Go_Placidly wrote:Rangers, my PT results:

2 minute pushups - 48 (with rests in the proper position allowed)
2 minute pullups - 10 (did them in like 40 seconds but couldn't do more, even after hanging for half a minute rest)
2 minute sit-ups - 72
2 mile-run - incomplete, i need to take time to measure a 1 mile distance (so i can run there and back and time it)
The time it takes you to compose your flowery prose and peircing insights you could have already marked your run route and completed your task to standard. Requested extension was granted and yet you have posted an incomplete task.

What the fuck is the problem?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Go_Placidly
Embryo

Post by Go_Placidly »

No excuses, just did it:

2 mile run - 12:33.
M.Ali

JRR T
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Go_Placidly wrote:No excuses, just did it:

Apparently you need to re-read the ROE.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Go_Placidly
Embryo

Post by Go_Placidly »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
Go_Placidly wrote:No excuses, just did it:

Apparently you need to re-read the ROE.

Ranger Kilted Heathen and Ranger Hung Low, I will proffer no excuses for posting incomplete PT test results earlier that day. I marked a half-mile route and did 4 lengths, with a time of 12 minutes and 33 seconds.

On a side note, Ranger Kilted Heathen, I found it interesting that the night before you posted on my thread for the first time, it was you out of all the Rangers that appeared in my dream. Apparently, your other posts which I've read in the past weeks made a strong impression on my subconcious.
M.Ali

JRR T
Atrum-Rivalen
Tadpole

Post by Atrum-Rivalen »