FNAR

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Trigger
Tadpole

Re: FNAR

Post by Trigger »

Ranger Wyld3man,

I'd be really curious to find out what you think of that FNAR after getting it to the range. I've seen quite a few ads for that rifle but haven't heard any unbiased (non-gun rag) end user feedback yet.

Are the mags proprietary?

- Trigger
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
RangerHAAF
Egg

Post by RangerHAAF »

I acquired one last week and I really like how it shoots. It's all over the place if you shoot military ball ammo through it but if you choose a specific type of load like say Winchester or Remington 150-165 grains using just one respective brand and bullet it will shoot right at 1 moa or smaller at 100 yards.

I read somewhere that a premium rifle should only shoot one consistent brand of ammo to keep as close as possible to the original zero.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

RangerHAAF wrote:I acquired one last week and I really like how it shoots. It's all over the place if you shoot military ball ammo through it but if you choose a specific type of load like say Winchester or Remington 150-165 grains using just one respective brand and bullet it will shoot right at 1 moa or smaller at 100 yards.

I read somewhere that a premium rifle should only shoot one consistent brand of ammo to keep as close as possible to the original zero.

A zero isn't a immovable object. You should buy ammo by the case and zero to that round. You should also periodically check zero's. Lots of factors will effect POI other then brand-altitude, humidity, etc.

My acog-topped colt shot low and center at the Ranch with crappy silver bear. Elevation was fine back home but windage was slightly off (different ammo). Adjusted and drove on.

Return to “Weapons of War”