SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
DUG
Tadpole

SITREP

Post by DUG »

Rangers,

On a weekend pass, we start AIT Monday and time for a SITREP. I don't really know where to start. I hope everybody here has been doing good. So far things on Sand Hill have gone my way and I have the men of this website to thank for that. We have been plagued with horrible weather every time we are set to take the APFT (rain and lightening). We finally had a morning with decent weather just two weeks ago and I got a 300. Earlier on our pugil stick competition got cut short because a fight broke out that involved about a third of the company. I was in the semifinals, but needless to say we hit the pt field and stayed in the sand and running laps backwards for about an hour and a half for the lack of discipline. We go to a range or practice room clearing almost every day. I've found myself looking around and thinking "damn, this beats my old job" from time to time.

I've got to have the best Drill SGT's in the Army. I respect the hell out of every one of them consider them all a hero and great American. The toughest part for me when I first got here was mental (you were right Ranger Kilted Heathen and Ranger Nomad). The adjustment from my "former" life to this life took a little getting used to. No big deal though. Our Drill SGT's take extra time with us and talk to us about Iraq or Afghanistan and their experiences and lessons learned. That, in my opinion, is as valuable as it gets.

I can't give a whole lot of advice because I haven't really done a lot yet, but a couple things I'll throw out there for those yet to ship. One, take the advice given here and pt your ass off. It pays to be a physical stud here and you can't rely on the pt here to do that. After 2-3 weeks I formed a team to do extra work at night. Two, listen to what you Drill SGT's tell you and follow their instructions to the letter without asking questions. The way I do it is with a "Roger Drill Sergeant!" and move the fuck out, quickly, like nothing else matters.

Rangers, once again I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me and leading me in the right direction. I'll be done with AIT before long and on to Airborne School with a new SITREP.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Re: SITREP

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Was just discussing you with our mutual friend the other day. We're currently running PRC at Sandhill in 2/54 AO.
I'll try to look you up.
Keep up the good work and stay focused. Call me on my cell.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

DUG wrote:

I've got to have the best Drill SGT's in the Army. I respect the hell out of every one of them consider them all a hero and great American. The toughest part for me when I first got here was mental (you were right Ranger Kilted Heathen and Ranger Nomad). The adjustment from my "former" life to this life took a little getting used to. No big deal though. Our Drill SGT's take extra time with us and talk to us about Iraq or Afghanistan and their experiences and lessons learned. That, in my opinion, is as valuable as it gets.

I can't give a whole lot of advice because I haven't really done a lot yet, but a couple things I'll throw out there for those yet to ship. One, take the advice given here and pt your ass off. It pays to be a physical stud here and you can't rely on the pt here to do that. After 2-3 weeks I formed a team to do extra work at night. Two, listen to what you Drill SGT's tell you and follow their instructions to the letter without asking questions. The way I do it is with a "Roger Drill Sergeant!" and move the fuck out, quickly, like nothing else matters.
Young man, those are the two best paragraphs that I've read in quite some time for someone who is just gettin his feet wet. Don't get all big headed with this next statement, but you keep that "mindset" up, continue to listen, learn and attempt to exceed the normal standard that is expected by example and effort .......and you'll do just fine in terms of the goals which motivated you to embark upon the path that you chose for yourself.

I speak for myself only but I'm certain that many of us here both active duty and former Rangers applaud your efforts and will only encourage you to keep up the good work!

You make us proud young padwan, make it happen and get'er done!

RLTW!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Bugsy,

DUG is not all that young anymore, lol.

DUG,

You're doing good. You were a stud here in the PT thread and you had the right attitude all along. I see no issue with you completing your goals unless you start developing a bad case of vaginitis. Congrats on getting your first 300 in basic. Stay focused and you will succeed!
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

Congrats. You seem to have the right mind-set. Good luck.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP, stay focused and don't waste Sandy's time. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Good job and NEVER QUIT!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Just got off the phone with this hero. I have the names of his Drill SGTs and will stop by his AO to look him up. He extends his thanks to Nomad and NDog and he's already got the mind-set of a professional rather than just a fucking trainee.

This is one of the good ones.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

KH,

He's a stud - I don't see how anyone will stop him unless he decides to drop the ruck!
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

Good job young man, keep that attitude and you will go far.
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

It's all been said. Drive on and continue the march, DUG.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Rangers,

Quick update here. I graduated yesterday and turned Blue on Thursday. Rangers are looked upon as Gods where I was on Sand Hill and standing there for both ceremonies I thought how proud I was to get the guidance, information, and mentorship from you on this site. I was supposed to go to Airborne hold Monday morning, but somehow my HIV test is missing from my physical of all freakin' things so it's going to be Tuesday or Wednesday before I report there. I was initially worried as hell about that, but I've been assured by everybody I talked to that it was just a mistake and things should be in order with no problems.

To those yet to ship or thinking about it: These Rangers have laid out the perfect gameplan for success in the pages of this website. Read everything here and follow this information and you can't lose. On 11 NOV 2008 Ranger Nomad had me write the Ranger Creed on a sheet of paper to keep. I looked at that numerous times during Basic and thought about what those words meant when things sucked a little or a lot of the people around me where doing the wrong things. One of my proudest moments during Basic was towards the end and we were getting smoked in morning formation when one of our Drill SGT's asked if anybody knew the Ranger Creed. I sounded off as loud as I could, ran to the front and recited it in front of the whole company. Thank you Ranger Nomad. Ranger Kilted Heathen, every day I reminded myself that I was there and on the right path because of you. Thank you. I appreciate all that you Rangers do on this site for us.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Excellent sitrep DUG. Continue driving on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP. Continue to drive yourself, stay focused and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”