Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

liquidforce37282
Egg

Intro

Post by liquidforce37282 »

Hello Rangers, my name is Sean- I'm 21 yrs old and am now making the difficult decision on whether or not to join the Army with a Ranger contract. I would love to serve my country with the best soldiers we have to offer in my opinion. I dont really have any questions, (except one) because of all the great info that has been put up on this site. My only real question is how often would I be able to come home and see my family? I have a great mom and pop who are very loving and 4 brothers whom I am all very close with, so they (and I) have expressed deep concern in this matter. We all live in Northen California so it would obviously be a flying home or to me matter. And again, thank you all for your service and supplying all of us future Rangers with the best info on this site.
I WILL NEVER QUIT

Gory Gory What a Hell of a Way to Die
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Intro

Post by cams »

Welcome to the site.

I wouldn't concern yourself too much with visiting family, once you start training time will fly by and you'll find a different person inside of you that you didn't know existed.

You'll also find a new family, one that, should you make it thru and into a Ranger Battalion and spend some decent time there, will be closer to your heart than your own blood in some aspects. Not because they're better people, it's just a different level of being.

You'll find yourself thinking of Batt and wanting to get back 'home' while you're sitting at Mom's kitchen table getting fat on the hog.

Hard to explain, you have to experience it. Go on and live man, stretch your fucking wings, your family will still be there.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in becoming an Army Ranger. Ranger Cams has given you some very wise words. Take them to heart and read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the site. Please keep us in the loop as to what direction you go.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
liquidforce37282
Egg

Thank you Ranger Cams and Ranger Bill for your advice, it really does help out.
Ranger Bravo57 I will for sure keep you all posted on the direction I go.
- A little more about me. In Highschool I played all 4 years of Football and wrestling where I was on the varsity squad for both sports since soph year. After Highschool I went to CSU Chico with pretty much one intent in mind, to party and get girls. I spent 2 years at CSU Chico studying my GE and Criminal Justice. I love it there but I personally feel like this is my calling, what I was born to do and that I was just wasting time there. I can become a cop later in life if I choose to. Of course, my parents and brothers want me to stay in school or become a cop like my two older brothers, but I feel like if I dont do this now that I'll regret it for the rest of my life. Rangers are the best of the best and thats who I want to serve with and be apart of that team. I have been working hard the past couple months to get back in shape and hopefully sign papers soon and leave sometime in August. I know its a long road ahead, but I feel like I want to take that journey and hardships on. The reason I ask the question above is to maybe help out the family with the way they are feeling towards this.
Thx again Rangers for any insight and wisdom you can give me.

Did a PT test this morning:

PU: 79
SU: 83
PU: 18
2 mile: 14:09
I WILL NEVER QUIT

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, Sean, it's like this, sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. If you want to serve your country for a couple years and then do something else, later, there is no better experience than service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. You are right in thinking that you will be well served if you work on your PT for the next couple months. Look around this site and decide if you feel comfortable trying to earn a place in the Ranger Regiment. If not, then consider other alternatives. Not everyone is cut out to Ranger. Your decision. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

cams wrote:Welcome to the site.

I wouldn't concern yourself too much with visiting family, once you start training time will fly by and you'll find a different person inside of you that you didn't know existed.

You'll also find a new family, one that, should you make it thru and into a Ranger Battalion and spend some decent time there, will be closer to your heart than your own blood in some aspects. Not because they're better people, it's just a different level of being.

You'll find yourself thinking of Batt and wanting to get back 'home' while you're sitting at Mom's kitchen table getting fat on the hog.

Hard to explain, you have to experience it. Go on and live man, stretch your fucking wings, your family will still be there.
Wise words from Ranger Cams.

While family always comes first, I'm afraid you will have a new family and while time at home is refreshing, you will be like that dog you see slobbering on the window. He wants you to open that door and let him run with the pack. Your thoughts will be with your "pack".
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Welcome to the site! Please take advantage of the wealth of knowledge that each and every Ranger on this site has to offer and I am positive you will be able to make the right decision on whether or not becoming a Ranger is something you are cut out for. To that end, I really like the attitude and attention to detail you've shown to this point. Keep it up and remember, your family and friends will always be there to support you so don't worry so much about getting home to visit. Good luck!!

Rangers Lead The Way!
liquidforce37282
Egg

Thanks alot Ranger Jim, Ranger Jurena, and Ranger Boscounderfoot. The advice that has been given by you Rangers is literally exactly what I needed to hear. Family does always come first, but I do need to spread my wings a bit and just make that leap of faith. I'll keep the words of wisdom in mind these next few weeks while I decide my decision and talk to my family more. I'll keep up my PT in the mean time and I'll be sure to let you Rangers know my decision.
I WILL NEVER QUIT

Return to “Introduction Archive”