DCLT vs. Airborne school for an ROTC Cadet

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: DCLT vs. Airborne school for an ROTC Cadet

Post by Ranger Bill »

Make BAC your priority. Depending on the branch you assigned, you may or may not get the chance to attend.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
rambram84
Embryo

Post by rambram84 »

I did LDAC last summer as well. I branched Signal detail infantry. I've always wanted to do any summer training but my school schedule was 8 weeks on 1 week off year around. I was lucky to even attend LDAC. So now, I'll be going INF w/o ABN or AASLT, which I think will make me look dumb!! LOL

Hopefully I can get some slot after IBOLC which ends 27OCT09.
CardiacKid
Ranger

Post by CardiacKid »

Cadets in general worry way too much about badges. I did the same thing as a cadet. Take the opportunities if you get them, but don't think in any way that it's going to get you street cred or anything else ridiculous like that.

How many of my Soldiers gave a fuck about the badges I had upon arriving to the unit? None. They saw I had a tab, that got me in the door day 1, they knew I could suck and still hack it under certain circumstances, and that was about it.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter if you've been to every school the Army has to offer. You can still be a shitty PL. I work with some that fall into that category every day. If I could go back, I'd try to find schools that explain the other 95% of the job that isn't covered at BOLC/BOLC II/IBOLC, etc.
MCCC/SFDOQC (2011-present)
2-502 IN (2008-2011)
RS Class 8-08
rambram84
Embryo

Post by rambram84 »

CardiacKid wrote:Cadets in general worry way too much about badges. I did the same thing as a cadet. Take the opportunities if you get them, but don't think in any way that it's going to get you street cred or anything else ridiculous like that.

How many of my Soldiers gave a fuck about the badges I had upon arriving to the unit? None. They saw I had a tab, that got me in the door day 1, they knew I could suck and still hack it under certain circumstances, and that was about it.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter if you've been to every school the Army has to offer. You can still be a shitty PL. I work with some that fall into that category every day. If I could go back, I'd try to find schools that explain the other 95% of the job that isn't covered at BOLC/BOLC II/IBOLC, etc.

Okay, good to know. Thanks.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

rambram84 wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:Cadets in general worry way too much about badges. I did the same thing as a cadet. Take the opportunities if you get them, but don't think in any way that it's going to get you street cred or anything else ridiculous like that.

Okay, good to know. Thanks.
who are you talking to? I would have settled for a, "Roger Sir, thanks." he's a commissioned officer, and you're not. He's a Ranger, and you're not. we have rules here for a reason. square yourself away.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Strykerguy56
Tadpole

Post by Strykerguy56 »

I'd hold off on the Drill SGT gig and focus on a school that is going to give you a skill you can apply once you get out in the big army. You will learn very quickly how to act and associate around you NCOs and enlisted guys, that doesn't take a school to learn. Go to something that will give you that random skill that inevitably some soldier is going to need you to teach him. It's the seemingly dumb and obscure stuff that you think you'll never use that actually pays off to know sometimes. As was already mentioned, you never know what you're going to branch, so jump on any school you can now. If you end up getting totally shut down on every school you want, focus on your soldier skills. There is nothing worse than seeing an LT that is totally lost when you put a 240B or a .50 in his hands. If you study this board you'll figure out very quickly what you need to do to be a successful officer in the Army.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”