Renegotiation?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Re: Renegotiation?

Post by SupplyRanger »

If you can't get a Opt 40 contract prior to going to Basic, you are not going to get in the Regiment (REGT) by volunteering at Airborne school. Right now we are not taking any volunteer 11B/C's and some other combat arm MOS's. REGT is full on 11 series right now. The only guys that are coming to Regiment are guys on contracts or Low Density MOS's that have contracts, volunteer at AIT or Airborne School.
You have several courses of actions you can take but choose wisely.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You might find this site helpful:

https://www.infantry.army.mil/75thrange ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

sega18 wrote:Thanks for the advice, Ranger SupplyRanger. My recruiter is saying that he really want me in the Army, and that he is going to get a letter saying something along the lines of "Segev will get an Option 40 before he ships out". He just called me today and told me about this possibility. He says that if he can't get it for me, then he will not let me ship, and that I will reprocess or something and get the Option 40. I'm not totally clear about what he's saying, but the gist of it is that I will get an Option 40 before I ship. I will talk to him on Thursday to get more details.
Bottom line little bro is The Army needs you not the other way around. Whether you enlist or not there will still be an Army, we will just be one body short of whatever MOS you were going to get. Enlist with a contract that you are no shit 100% happy with. If you do not get exactly what you want, DONT DO IT. You need to sure that:
#1- The OPT 40 contract giving you a shot a RIP is what you want. Do not quit like half the guys I see with OPT 40 contracts before the course starts. Think about it for a second. You just wasted a valid slot for a guy who could of benefited from it and most likely would not have quit.
#2- The contract that you sign is exactly what you want. If not, your recruiter did not screw you, YOU SCREWED YOURSELF. You are the one that will have to live with the decisions that you make. Be smart about what your making. Take your time and dont let anyone rush you.

Best of luck and I hope you get what you want

RGR SR
Ranger School CL# 04-05

Return to “Recruitment Process”