INTRO: TRuss

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Re: INTRO: TRuss

Post by Kilted Heathen »

TRuss wrote:Why are you saying that Ranger Kilted Heathen. I have done nothing wrong to deserve you verbally bashing me. I never said that getting through Ranger School was not becoming a "real" Ranger. All I said was that I feel there is a difference of becoming a Ranger and then serving in the actual Regiment. I meant absolutely no disrespect to those who pass the School, but then dont seve in the Regiment. I was just voicing my own humble opinion on the subject. All I want is to get some guidance from the members on this Board. I do not want to be bashed over the internet for something I didnt say, or something that was taking out of the wrong context.
Quit your whining. I quoted you verbatim and your humble opinion is worth precisely two things here. Jack and Shit.
I'm just in from walking a 24hr patrol and handed out 6 fucking NOGOs to men that would eat your whiny ass for fucking breakfast. I'm in no goddamn mood for some up-start fucking schoolboy who feels the need to lecture me on fucking...context. In a few hours I'm back out for another 24hrs to evaluate more men on their way to become "certified".
Several of our members here will gently prod you along the path of enlightenment. That's because they now myself and my colleagues are waiting to hand your ass to you on a fucking daily basis until three things happen to you.

You will quit, fail, or become a Ranger.

Rattle my fucking cage at your fucking peril sunshine, I don't give a rats' ass if you step up and sign or not but when you do it's fucking game on.

How's that for fucking context?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Trigger
Tadpole

Post by Trigger »

TRuss, PM sent.
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Trigger wrote:TRuss, PM sent.
Thank you
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

TRuss wrote:Ranger JLTW, I am a little confused in what I should do, which is precisely the reason that I am on this board asking questions. I am simply looking for guidance. I was also wondering the chances of an 18 year old making it through Ranger School let alone getting into the 75th Regiment. I did not say that it was impossible to get into, I was just asking if it was harder and if so how much. I say again that I have no intetion of offending anyone. I was just asking all of you Rangers, because you have been there and done that. I need help in deciding whether I should enlist now at 18, enlist after college at 22, or stay my original course and go through ROTC at NU. This is VERY important to me, and I was hoping to recieve some advice from the experts. Could you maybe tell me what you Rangers did before and up to earning your tab?
I was 19 when I enlisted and 20 when I went to the School of Soldier.

Before I enlisted I was in the Merchant Marine right out HS at 18 and worked on a oil tanker, The Overseas Joyce, for the summer going thru the Panama Canal and out in the pacific ocean and then up to Lake Charles, LA.

That fall I went to college, joined a fraternity and got drunk and fucked everything that I could catch while drunk, mostly drunk fat chicks.

I got tired of being a drunken turd and got my head out of my ass and went where I always wanted to be, Airborne! I only went Ranger because my ass pirate of a recruiter told me there were no SF medic slots and that the easiest way to get into SF was from the Rangers.

I think you're just looking for excuses to puss out. So drop off the forum and become a business major, that is if you're momma will approve of that course of action. :roll: :oops:
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

TRuss wrote:Well Ranger Panthersix, should I then wait and elist after college, or should I enlist now. Also I have ROTC in the hold, and though I would really like to comission as a 2nd LT, I would love even more to serve in the 75th Regiment. My only concern is that if I enlist now, currently 18, then the chances of me making it thorugh Ranger School are very slim. I would assume that most enlistees who have only had 9 weeks of boot camp, stand very little chance at earning the ranger tab. I feel that my chances would be better off when I am 22 and enlist then, or am 22 and comissioned as a 2nd LT through the ROTC program at NU. Do you know of anyone who ever made it through Ranger School and RIP as a fresh enlistee at 18 years of age?
Well, Tyler, please slow yourself down and focus, there are several options, but the decision is going to have to be yours:

1. Go on down to your local recruiter and enlist under option40, report to OSUT, graduate basic airborne school, complete the Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP), and serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Once you have demonstrated you are competent, you may be sent to Ranger school. If you successfully complete RS you earn the Ranger Tab.

or

2. Complete your degree through ROTC, obtain a combat arms commission and attend RS. If you successfully complete RS you earn the Ranger Tab.

or

3. Do nothing, and spend the rest of your life thinking to yourself, "I coulda been a Ranger."

Nobody ever said life was easy. Make a decision and then live with it. Yeah, I know I'm not your parent, or teacher, or counsellor, so I don't have to tolerate your whine. Now your next task is to explain to me why you think you want to become a Ranger. Do it in about 250 words, and post it on this thread not later than midnight, Sunday, 17 May 2009. I want you to take your time, think about it and develop a little insight on yourself.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Bravo57 wrote:
TRuss wrote:Is there any way possible to go through ROTC and commison as a 2nd LT, but then go to ranger school and through RIP. I know of someone who said that they went through 4 years of ROTC to gain as much "experience" that they could without actually being in the army, and then after 4 years they turned down their commison an enlisted. Have any of you servicemen ever heard of something like that, and can it be done. I looked for answer in the search button, but I couldnt find it, and I have been looking for the past 3 days. Quite simply, I want to know the best way that ensures a chance of me becoming part of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Thanks and best regards, Tyler
Best opportunity to get to the Regiment is to sign an Option 40 contract and come in Enlisted. Officers getting the shot are few and far in between. To get the opportunity to serve in the Regiment as an Officer, you need to be the cream of the crop.

You do not go to RIP as an "O", you would go through ROP. Also, the challenge of your chain of command letting you attempt ROP is there for you as well. Bottom line, If you want to serve in the Regiment, sign an Opt 40 contract and let the chips fall as they may.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger JLTW, I am a little confused in what I should do, which is precisely the reason that I am on this board asking questions. I am simply looking for guidance.
The best guidance is that you begin searching & reading our forums. There are Total posts 573093 & Total topics 44842. so I am 99.9% sure your questions have previously been asked and answered. It is up to you to read this site, then read it some more & lastly read.

Get an avatar - pick one from DEP selection.

Oh & one last item - grow a thicker skin - this is not a mom & pops candy site.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote: Now your next task is to explain to me why you think you want to become a Ranger. Do it in about 250 words, and post it on this thread not later than midnight, Sunday, 17 May 2009. I want you to take your time, think about it and develop a little insight on yourself.
Tyler,
Was this your response to my tasking? Not sure as it was not addressed to me (or anyone for that matter). I may have been confused, because I told you to take your time. I did not expect you to reply within a couple hours. Particularly, not with a less than satisfactory response. It falls more than 10% too few words, along with uncapitalized, mis-spelled words, and sentence fragments. If this is your best effort, you require improvement.
Well despite all of this. I am pleased to tell you that I will meet with my local recruiter on Friday. He says that there are 11x Option 40's open, and that he is ready to sit down and have a talk with me. I have decided that if the Option 40 truly is open, and if I pass the requirements, score high enough, etc. than I am going to sign and start my path on becoming a United States Army Ranger. I really appreciate the advice you have given me. Since my main goal is to become a Ranger, I have decided that ROTC is not the best way of realizing that dream. I want my chance at the Tan Beret and to one day wear the Ranger Tab. I would love for nothing more than to put myself in the same sentence as all of the servicemen on this site. Thank you and I am sorry for my postings in the past few days. I lacked the level of respect and will do my very best to remedy it and treat all of you Rangers and Servicemen the way you have earned and deserved to be treated. Once again my deepest apologies. I will let you all know how the meeting goes if you are still interested. Best regards, Tyler
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Your....mommy has banned you?

Do...some...fucking...pushups!!!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Sounds like your mother could use losing it.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “Introduction Archive”