San Francisco Again

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ranger Bill
Ranger

San Francisco Again

Post by Ranger Bill »

San Francisco board of education has selected Jimi Hendrix as the role model for educators. Hendrix, a high school drop out whose song lyrics often talked about getting stoned, died in his own vomit during a drug overdose at age 27.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519313,00.html
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: San Francisco Again

Post by Ranger Ron »

There is no hope for them!!!!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

In Wikipedia:

In the Army
Hendrix got into trouble with the law twice for riding in stolen cars. He was given a choice between spending two years in prison or joining the Army. Hendrix chose the latter and enlisted on May 31, 1961. After completing boot camp, he was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division and stationed in Fort Campbell, Kentucky. His commanding officers and fellow soldiers considered him to be a sub-par soldier: he slept while on duty, had little regard for regulations, required constant supervision, and showed no skill as a marksman. For these reasons, his commanding officers submitted a request that Hendrix be discharged from the military after he had served only one year. Hendrix did not object when the opportunity to leave arose.[31] Hendrix would later tell reporters that he received a medical discharge after breaking his ankle during his 26th parachute jump. The 2005 biography Room Full of Mirrors by Charles Cross claims that Hendrix faked being homosexual — claiming to have fallen in love with a fellow soldier — in order to be discharged, but has never produced credible evidence to support this contention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimi_Hendrix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Bill wrote:San Francisco board of education has selected Jimi Hendrix as the role model for educators. Hendrix, a high school drop out whose song lyrics often talked about getting stoned, died in his own vomit during a drug overdose at age 27.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519313,00.html
Be nice if all those educators lived up to their role model and died by age 27 . . way before retirment thereby saving their municipality loads of moola for education.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I'm not surprised...
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

this shows you why teachers are all overpaid.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

dbmtrman wrote:this shows you why teachers are all overpaid.
Totally disagree. Teachers don't make policy, although, I will concede that some of them bring some fucked up ideas to their administration to see what will fly.

My HH6 is a Speech Teacher, and I can tell you, matter of factly, she is not "overpaid". In fact, she is grossly underpaid. Parents these days expect the school system to teach their children things like: How to bruch their teeth, tie thier shoes, basic hygene etc..... The list is long and fucked up.

Teachers like most of us, seem to be a silent majority when it comes to what is right for the children. I bet more than one educator in that system is fucking pissed off about this.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

To make that douchebag out to be a public symbol of education is a travesty. He, along with all the other shitbags (Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger)that either ODed or offed themselves because their lives were so rough deserve absolutely zero recognition. They are all a bunch of quitters in my opinion.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Guru,

Those people are cultural icons. Amazingly talented, beautiful people. How can you speak so harshly of them?
That Guy
Ranger

Post by That Guy »

Jim wrote:In Wikipedia:

In the Army
Hendrix got into trouble with the law twice for riding in stolen cars. He was given a choice between spending two years in prison or joining the Army. Hendrix chose the latter and enlisted on May 31, 1961. After completing boot camp, he was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division and stationed in Fort Campbell, Kentucky. His commanding officers and fellow soldiers considered him to be a sub-par soldier: he slept while on duty, had little regard for regulations, required constant supervision, and showed no skill as a marksman. For these reasons, his commanding officers submitted a request that Hendrix be discharged from the military after he had served only one year. Hendrix did not object when the opportunity to leave arose.[31] Hendrix would later tell reporters that he received a medical discharge after breaking his ankle during his 26th parachute jump. The 2005 biography Room Full of Mirrors by Charles Cross claims that Hendrix faked being homosexual — claiming to have fallen in love with a fellow soldier — in order to be discharged, but has never produced credible evidence to support this contention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimi_Hendrix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, Jimi Hendrix is/was an Airborne Poser?
1/75 C Co
2004-2006

Hard times don't last, but hard men do.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Bravo57 wrote:
dbmtrman wrote:this shows you why teachers are all overpaid.
Totally disagree. Teachers don't make policy, although, I will concede that some of them bring some fucked up ideas to their administration to see what will fly.

My HH6 is a Speech Teacher, and I can tell you, matter of factly, she is not "overpaid". In fact, she is grossly underpaid. Parents these days expect the school system to teach their children things like: How to bruch their teeth, tie thier shoes, basic hygene etc..... The list is long and fucked up.

Teachers like most of us, seem to be a silent majority when it comes to what is right for the children. I bet more than one educator in that system is fucking pissed off about this.
I totally agree (and I am a teacher). If you calculate in that most teachers are on 10 or 11 month contracts, then calculate in that most are revving their engines to get home as soon as the final bell rings (less than an 8 hour day), calculate in all the "teacher days" they have with no students, and most don't show up at all, calculate the week off for Spring Break, and the two weeks off for Christmas Break, then calculate the days off for snow days (or whatever weather arrives to cancel school), then you will see that they are getting vastly overpaid for the amount of work they actually do.

Quite possibly the stupidest group of people I have ever met in my life, with concern to basic knowledge, common sense, or plain on life lessons, are teachers. Most are the college students who were not smart enough to get a better degree, and a teaching degree is the easiest and cheapest one to achieve, with the least amount of work.

In my school the number of good teachers are less than 10 percent. The rest have no clue what they are doing, whine a lot when they are forced to teach, usually sit in class reading their email or talking on the cell phone, and are almost impossible to fire due to a union that makes Tony Soprano look like Richard Simmons.

It is no wonder that most children of teachers are sent to private schools. Even they know how fucked up the system is. Would you eat in a resturaunt where most of the employees refuse to eat the food?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

JLTW!!! wrote:
Rangerguru wrote:To make that douchebag out to be a public symbol of education is a travesty. He, along with all the other shitbags (Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger)that either ODed or offed themselves because their lives were so rough deserve absolutely zero recognition. They are all a bunch of quitters in my opinion.

Couldn't agree with you more brother!
X3
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

. wrote:
That Guy wrote:
Jim wrote:In Wikipedia:

In the Army

So, Jimi Hendrix is/was an Airborne Poser?
Well lets hang his ass on the poser wall!!!! (In no way did the term "hang" refer to anything racial related. carry on)
You can hang someone without it being racially motivated.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto

Return to “The News Dump”