Khalid Mohammed Waterboarded 183 Times

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: Khalid Mohammed Waterboarded 183 Times

Post by BadMuther »

I'm Ranger BadMuther, and I approve of everything in this message.

:)
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Isn't water boarding kind of like surfing ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

JLTW!!! wrote:
Silverback wrote:My sympathy level is below zero on this one.
x 1000 on this one SB!
Was not aware that sympathy was required...........job: do it.
Give a shit if they are hurt.............none.
Remorse if they die................absent.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Field Expedient

RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

It took that raghead 183 sessions to reallize he wasn't actually going to drown!?! :lol: :twisted:
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Silverback wrote:Field Expedient

Usually effective. MI guys loved this.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I'm Ranger BadMuther, and I STILL approve of everything in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:)
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

OK, so I wasn't quite sure what waterboarding actually was, so I looked it up and my initial assumptions were correct. It appears that it doesn't actually kill, or even harm you, so how can it be effective? Isn't the whole thing behind forceful interrogation, an imminent fear of death/extreme pain? If that's not present, how does this method work?
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
That Guy
Ranger

Post by That Guy »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:Image

OK, so I wasn't quite sure what waterboarding actually was, so I looked it up and my initial assumptions were correct. It appears that it doesn't actually kill, or even harm you, so how can it be effective? Isn't the whole thing behind forceful interrogation, an imminent fear of death/extreme pain? If that's not present, how does this method work?
I just saw a video on SOCNET where a Playboy journalist goes and has a U.S. Military
"individual" waterboard him so he can experience it for himself. The Military guy says that by having your feet elevated it puts all the C02 in the bottom of your lungs so breathing is very hard, and when the water enters your nose your brain pretty much freaks your whole body out. The method invokes the fear of drowning which in turn makes it an effective method. The guy made a bet he could do it for 15 secs....he makes it to maybe 5 secs.
1/75 C Co
2004-2006

Hard times don't last, but hard men do.
Trigger
Tadpole

Post by Trigger »

CloakAndDagger wrote:It took that raghead 183 sessions to reallize he wasn't actually going to drown!?! :lol: :twisted:
I don't think that's what scared him.

It was the whole bathing part that freaked him out.
Last edited by Trigger on April 28th, 2009, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

My guess would be that it really sucks to have this done to you. Asphyxia isn't something you don't get used to easily.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

another damn texan wrote:

My guess would be that it really sucks to have this done to you. Asphyxia isn't something you don't get used to easily.
That Guy wrote:I just saw a video on SOCNET where a Playboy journalist goes and has a U.S. Military
"individual" waterboard him so he can experience it for himself. The Military guy says that by having your feet elevated it puts all the C02 in the bottom of your lungs so breathing is very hard, and when the water enters your nose your brain pretty much freaks your whole body out. The method invokes the fear of drowning which in turn makes it an effective method. The guy made a bet he could do it for 15 secs....he makes it to maybe 5 secs.
That makes sense. So, regardless of whether or not you know you're going to survive the "treatment", your body overrides all thought and instinct takes over.

Here's a question: Who thinks they could withstand waterboarding, given the understanding of how/why it works? Also, could you train to become immune to the effects?
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

Despite Reports, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Was Not Waterboarded 183 Times
"The water was poured 183 times -- there were 183 pours," the official explained, adding that "each pour was a matter of seconds."
Awwww...I was really hoping it was 183 sessions! :( :twisted:

...but I thought this might be the case.

Return to “The News Dump”