Sitrep

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Minnesooootan
Infantryman

Sitrep

Post by Minnesooootan »

Sorry for the long over due sitrep Rangers,

It has been very busy for me at Ft Sam. Passed my NREMT a few weeks ago and finished up the class work for whiskey school the other day. We are doing validation for our hands on material now and start STX on Wednesday. Phased to "Phase 5+" last week. I've got a GPA right around 90% now.

Our record PT test was to be on Thursday, but due to the massive amounts of rain we've gotten lately, its been pushed back to Tuesday or Wednesday. On the last test a month ago I got a 335 (95 pu 87 su and a 12:50 2mile). We only do the PT run on a dirt track and that sucks, but no excueses because its fair. On our last AGR run, "A group" did about 5 miles in 35 min and 20 sec.

Just focusing on the tasks at hand now, but I cant help but count down the days til Airborne school :) I'll keep working in the free time I have.
RangerJurena's Mentee

68W class 03-09
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Sitrep

Post by Earthpig »

Yes....lovely weather you've been having. I was just down there Wed and Thurs. It sucked! Upper 30's with a continuous downpour.

Sounds like you're doing well. Keep it up, and stay focused on the prize. How you get some dry weather!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Thanks for the sitrep young man. Just keep on truckin' and do your very best. It will be worth it. NEVER QUIT!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Minnesooootan
Infantryman

Post by Minnesooootan »

Rangers, tomorrow makes it official. I will walk the line and graduate as a 68W. I have not seen any orders sending me to Airborne school yet, so I have to sit tight and wait before I can head to Ft Benning.

The best tip I can give to those looking at 68W is to study each chance you get. Dont try and drink up San Antonio when the weekend comes. Your work will pay off when you reach STX and FTX.
RangerJurena's Mentee

68W class 03-09
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations. Keep us posted on your progress.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Minnesooootan wrote:Rangers, tomorrow makes it official. I will walk the line and graduate as a 68W. I have not seen any orders sending me to Airborne school yet, so I have to sit tight and wait before I can head to Ft Benning.

The best tip I can give to those looking at 68W is to study each chance you get. Dont try and drink up San Antonio when the weekend comes. Your work will pay off when you reach STX and FTX.
Acceptable SITREP. How is your PT level?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Minnesooootan wrote:Rangers, tomorrow makes it official. I will walk the line and graduate as a 68W. I have not seen any orders sending me to Airborne school yet, so I have to sit tight and wait before I can head to Ft Benning.

You actually have an opportunity to drink while in AIT/OSUT? That's bullshit...
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Jim wrote:

Acceptable SITREP. How is your PT level?
Good job...keep it up!

Jim,
You had a double post and I zapped one of them.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Minnesooootan
Infantryman

Post by Minnesooootan »

Ranger Jim,

On the record apft, I did 90pu, 85su and a 12:59 2mile. Not to make excuses, but I was fighting a nasty URI then. Now I have the 2mile back down around 12:15.
RangerJurena's Mentee

68W class 03-09
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

XCrunner wrote:
I know a guy who is ALREADY getting RFS'd for an alcohol related incident. :roll:
Another one bites the dust........ You need to put your beret in one hand and the bottle in the other to see which one out weights the other. If the bottle wins, you didn't stand a chance anyways.
Ranger XCrunner make sure you keep your nose clean and police up your Ranger buddys as well.
Ranger School CL# 04-05

Return to “Letters from School”