Foot/Ankle Injury

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Oreo
Tadpole

Foot/Ankle Injury

Post by Oreo »

About a week ago I was playing basketball with some friends, jumped up for a rebound and came down on my foot. Ive rolled on my ankle before, but it never quite hurt like that. Anyway, it started swelling immediatley, went back home. iced it, and took it easy. the swelling went down the next day, but when i looked down at my foot, i noticed bruising along my toes. also i noticed a line of black and blue along with a little red along the lower portion of my foot, from the heel area to the toes(this is right underneath the ankle bone). i went to the doctor, didnt really say anything, he just kinda prodded around on it and made it worse. Im still having pretty good pain along my foot. Do you think i should go back for a second opinion with another doctor, or should i just continue to rest?
628th MI Bn,28th ID(M): June 03-Jan05
Bco 447th Signal Bn Nov 06-Jan 08
A Co WTB(Ft. Gordon) Jan-April 08
"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is saying, 'Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?'"
-General George S. Patton
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

You will probably need it amputated. :? Just kidding. Take it easy and rest. Don't ouch it or you will make it worse. Keep icing it and keep it elevated for a couple of weeks.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Oreo
Tadpole

Post by Oreo »

veteran placebo, the doctor really didnt say much. he didnt really sound sure of himself when he said it was a sprain. all he did was prescribe some painkillers for me, and told me to buy an ankle brace because i play so many different sports. im going to get it checked out by another doctor just to make sure. its still early in the summer, so i can hold out on the summer leagues.

Ranger H8train, im already trying to chill out on the sports, i know from personal experience it gets worse, i fucked this ankle up already once during soccer season. im going to make sure i recover fully from this one.

thank you veteran placebo and Ranger H8train
"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is saying, 'Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?'"
Oreo
Tadpole

Post by Oreo »

Doc,to answer your question, it still hurts pretty good, theres not much discoloration anymore, it still looks bruised just not as much as before, and to tell you the truth, it sorta looks deformed.
Im goin to another doc later this week so hopefully i can get that consult.

Thanks Doc

Return to “Medical Issues”