Those who fail

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
psxdns

Post by psxdns »

Bell wrote:My dad taught me a lesson when I was a kid. Anytime you get in a situation where can't starts creeping in use your imagination.

Oh fuck, broke my toe and I can't walk. Now imagine that wild dogs are attacking ya. Bet you can run now.

I was trying to climb a tree. Only tree on the farm I couldn't get up. Man, that mother was huge. I couldn't get a good grip to shinny up that thing. Dad comes down and asks what I'm doing. Told him I couldn't climb the tree. Dad looks at it, looks at me and says boy, you've got 30 seconds to get up that tree or I'm gonna pull my belt off and wear ya out. I go DAD! He starts pulling his belt off. I'm sitting 20 feet in the air on the lowest limb before dad got his belt off. I liked to never got down.

Then he told me that when I get an impossible task to imagine a man standing there with a gun in his hand. If I say I can't do it the man points the gun at me and threatens to pull the trigger if I don't. It works. Used it all my life. There's nothing I can't do. I ain't been shot yet because I CAN do it. Over, under, around or through the pain. You CAN do it. If the enemy is chasing ya with weapons firing you can do amazing things. Guys with no legs learn how to run. On their hands if they have to, but they move out.

RLTW
Bell
SHIT.. Thats one of the most helpful things I've heard all my life.. thanks for sharing that, going to keep that one on the tip of my fingers..

Eric
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

psxdns wrote:SHIT.. Thats one of the most helpful things I've heard all my life.. thanks for sharing that, going to keep that one on the tip of my fingers...
It's mind over matter, as it is in most tough challenges you will face in life. Now make Ranger Bell proud that he shared that bit of wisdom with you by reaching your goal(s).

I always thought about the grunts in WWII and Korea, who had to hump there tattered asses through snow with insufficient gear, food, etc. They didn't have a choice. If they quit, they died. When I tried to put myself in their shoes, my situation was a cakewalk!

You can focus on whatever works for you...tailor it to fit your own personality. Maybe doing it for a deceased loved one or pushing yourself to honor the soldiers who have given their lives for the cause will work for you. Perhaps you will picture your worst fear chasing you. When you find the right 'visual image,' use it as often as you need to. Never let it slip away, or it will be too easy to give in.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
psxdns

Post by psxdns »

Words to live by, Ranger EarthPig. Have you, or do you know anyone who as applied these techniques specifically for RIP (or even OSUT)?

I tried it today and it worked wonders, almost like it's too good to be true, I'm just hoping that it's not one of those one-time things, or won't be something that is negative for the mind (always relying on something that doesn't exist).

Eric
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

YOU ARE A FUCKING DORK!Take the advice dickweed and move the fuck out. Wow dude it worked in one tiny little aspect of your life, congratulations. What did you do that it worked so well on?
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
psxdns

Post by psxdns »

Ranger H8 Train - 2miles in 13:49..

Eric
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

psxdns wrote:Ranger H8 Train - 2miles in 13:49..

Eric
Drop a minute in 2 weeks and I will be impressed.

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

psxdns wrote:Words to live by, Ranger EarthPig. Have you, or do you know anyone who as applied these techniques specifically for RIP (or even OSUT)?

I tried it today and it worked wonders, almost like it's too good to be true, I'm just hoping that it's not one of those one-time things, or won't be something that is negative for the mind (always relying on something that doesn't exist).

Eric
Fucking dumbass....

Ranger Earthpig used the force to get through RIP, the rest of us made it by the skin of our teeth... :roll:

Pansyass-read more, post less!!!!
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

RangerStew wrote:13:49? I have short stubby hobbit legs and I did it in 12:15.

Speaking of the time on the 2 mile run, does anyone remember that your time on the one mile track was always much more than the time down on the road by the airfield(from the gate to Engineers landing)?

I always had at least a 30 second difference between the two.

RangerStew
It is a slow track. You don't get as much traction on a cinder track as you do on concrete. If you don't run on the inside of that track it is more than 2 miles.

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

Return to “About RASP”